Aon Internship Experience gives you hands-on working experience and is designed to give you an insight into our business, an understanding of our culture while developing critical skills necessary for future success and postgraduate opportunities at Aon.
During your time here, you will be contributing to our business and taking on real responsibility. You will be supported by a ‘buddy’, a mentor to answer any questions you might have about your work and our business, and be provided the necessary technical knowledge and business skills during the internship.
Our program runs from 17 May 2021 to 23 July 2021.
The Risk Control & Engineering Department includes a team of experienced engineers. They cover Energy (oil, gas & petrochemical), Power (conventional and renewable) & Specialist Property (hotels, offices, automotive, telecommunications, etc.) risks.
They conduct risk surveys & hazard assessment/quantification for insured clients, including loss estimates for insured events (e.g., fire, explosion). They also provide loss prevention advice, covering process safety management and fire detection / protection.
What You Will Do
The intern will be involved in the following:
Understand and Appreciate:
- Basics of property insurance.
- Client’s risk and insurance requirements.
- Specialized risk and insurance resources within Aon.
- Free, safety and process safety management codes.
Data Management Support:
- Review and compare loss scenarios/estimates for clients.
- Compile comparison of recommendations for safety improvement for clients.
- Process safety improvement programs.
- Risk rating model review.
Other duties assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Undergraduates graduating in December 2022 and beyond.
- Degree in Engineering, preferably Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, 2nd class honors or GPA 3.0 and above strongly preferred.
- Strong interest in Process Safety & Risk Management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work as an integral part of a team, fostering teamwork and cultivating relationships, as well as work independently or with minimal direction.
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Job type:Internships
Engineering Chemical Processing, Engineering Electrical, Engineering...
- Closing Date:5th Feb 2021, 6:00 pm