Aon Internship Experience gives you hands-on working experience and is designed to give you an insight into our business, an understanding of our culture while developing critical skills necessary for future success and postgraduate opportunities at Aon.
During your time here, you will be contributing to our business and taking on real responsibility. You will be supported by a ‘buddy’, a mentor to answer any questions you might have about your work and our business, and be provided the necessary technical knowledge and business skills during the internship.
Our program runs from 17 May 2021 to 23 July 2021.
Aon’s Centers for Innovation and Analytics (ACIA) in Dublin and Singapore are at the heart of delivering Aon’s Data & Analytic Services team’s mission to:
- Accelerate the rate of innovation through digital solutions to help better respond to clients’ evolving needs.
- Provide foundational data and analytics capabilities in one place for 50,000 Aon colleagues and our global clients who use our risk and people solutions.
Established in 2012, there are over 100 colleagues in Singapore’s Centre today including actuaries, software developers, data scientists, financial analysts and accountants, who are dedicated individuals leveraging emerging technologies and collaborate across Aon’s solution lines to help clients and colleagues make better, data-driven decisions today and tomorrow.
What You Will Do
The intern will be involved in the following:
- Assist in data management, visualization and business analytic research to identify statistical relationships present in large and complex sets of data.
- Aggregate, combine, normalize and cleanse data from a variety of public and proprietary data sources.
- Perform data exploration and analysis on data sets to develop and test working hypotheses and generate commercial insight.
- Go beyond current tools to deliver the best solution to the problem and assist/advise management on the most appropriate statistical methods to apply to a given problem.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Undergraduates graduating between December 2021 and June 2022.
- Degree in Business analytics or Statistics or related.
- Inquisitive, interest in Business Intelligence and data and analytics.
- The projects under scope for the intern are marketing analytics related so some interest in marketing could be helpful.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ideally is familiar with a BI software like PowerBI, Tableau or similar. Familiarity with Python or R or SQL.
- Ability to work as an integral part of a team, fostering teamwork and cultivating relationships, as well as work independently or with minimal direction.
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Job type:Internships
Data Science and Analytics, Statistics
- Closing Date:5th Feb 2021, 6:00 pm