Aon Internship Experience gives you hands-on working experience and is designed to give you an insight into our business, an understanding of our culture while developing critical skills necessary for future success and postgraduate opportunities at Aon.
During your time here, you will be contributing to our business and taking on real responsibility. You will be supported by a ‘buddy’, a mentor to answer any questions you might have about your work and our business, and be provided the necessary technical knowledge and business skills during the internship.
Our program runs from 17 May 2021 to 23 July 2021.
Aon’s Centers for Innovation and Analytics (ACIA) in Dublin and Singapore are at the heart of delivering Aon’s Data & Analytic Services team’s mission to:
- Accelerate the rate of innovation through digital solutions to help better respond to clients’ evolving needs.
- Provide foundational data and analytics capabilities in one place for 50,000 Aon colleagues and our global clients who use our risk and people solutions.
Established in 2012, there are over 100 colleagues in Singapore’s Centre today including actuaries, software developers, data scientists, financial analysts and accountants, who are dedicated individuals leveraging emerging technologies and collaborate across Aon’s solution lines to help clients and colleagues make better, data-driven decisions today and tomorrow.
ACIA’s Investment Consulting team assists in serving the needs of the investment practice, in every area of interest to institutional investors. We have partnered with our investment consulting colleagues around and seek to enhance investment solutions for clients globally through portfolio strategy and implementation advice. Our innovations impact $3.1 trillion of assets under advisement and help drive global consistency, operational efficiencies and sales. We focus on global high impact solutions often involving the creation of proprietary models and extensive use of data & analytics to solve business challenges.
This role provides great exposure to the business, and the opportunity to take part in product development/implementation, training and support.
What You Will Do
The intern will be involved in the following:
- Work with investment analysts and product owner(s) on generating insights from both qualitative and quantitative data to facilitate better decision making.
- Assist in the development and enhancement of existing processes underlying the firm's global asset engine, including asset allocation and investment strategy, quantitative investment manager screens and proprietary operational due diligence model.
- Conducting quantitative analysis using both internal and external databases.
- Source and visualize data across multiple sources.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned relating to data & analytics.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Undergraduates graduating in December 2022 and beyond.
- Majoring or interested in Quantitative Finance, Business Analytics, Business or related fields.
- Hands on experience with programming languages Python or equivalent.
- Working knowledge in data visualization tools such as PowerBI or equivalent.
- Problem solving attitude and willingness to learn/innovate.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and deliver effectively to the team’s commitments within stipulated timelines.
- Investment experience/knowledge is not required but considered a plus.
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
- Closing Date:5th Feb 2021, 6:00 pm