Aon Internship Experience gives you hands-on working experience and is designed to give you an insight into our business, an understanding of our culture while developing critical skills necessary for future success and postgraduate opportunities at Aon.
During your time here, you will be contributing to our business and taking on real responsibility. You will be supported by a ‘buddy’, a mentor to answer any questions you might have about your work and our business, and be provided the necessary technical knowledge and business skills during the internship.
Our program runs from 17 May 2021 to 23 July 2021.
Aon’s Centers for Innovation and Analytics (ACIA) in Dublin and Singapore are at the heart of delivering Aon’s Data & Analytic Services team’s mission to:
- Accelerate the rate of innovation through digital solutions to help better respond to clients’ evolving needs.
- Provide foundational data and analytics capabilities in one place for 50,000 Aon colleagues and our global clients who use our risk and people solutions.
Established in 2012, there are over 100 colleagues in Singapore’s Centre today including actuaries, software developers, data scientists, financial analysts and accountants, who are dedicated individuals leveraging emerging technologies and collaborate across Aon’s solution lines to help clients and colleagues make better, data-driven decisions today and tomorrow.
The Risk Software team is a small team dedicated to producing good, high quality analytics software. The team is currently based in Singapore, London and India. The team has two streams – developers and analysts/support who do all the functions except coding. The development process is mainly using Agile methodology.
What You Will Do
The intern will be involved in the following:
- Work alongside application developers to test the quality of new software features and ensure that the software is working properly.
- Building financial models with the software in order to test new features (training will be provided on model building).
- Provide feedback to development team on results of tests and any issues or improvement opportunities found during testing.
- Some small programs or ‘macros’ may be programmed using the Python programming language (subject to skillset of candidate selected).
Required Skills and Abilities
- Undergraduates graduating in December 2022 and beyond.
- Degree in a numerical discipline such as Mathematics, Physics etc.
- 2nd class honors or GPA 3.0 and above strongly preferred.
- Quick learner.
- Team player.
- Programming experience not necessary although preferred.
- Training on the software and tools to be used will be provided.
- Job type:Internships
Data Science and Analytics, Mathematics
- Closing Date:5th Feb 2021, 6:00 pm