Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Would you like the stimulation and challenges of building a world-class, extraordinary scalable system? Then this is the opportunity for you at Apple! We strive to provide a flawless experience for our for millions of customers and developers.
The Apple Media Products Engineering team is one of the most exciting examples of Apple’s long-held passion for combining art and technology. These are the people who power Apple TV, Apple Music, the App Store, Apple Podcasts, and Apple Books. And they do it on a huge scale, meeting Apple’s high expectations with high performance to deliver rich content in over 40 languages to more than 150 countries.
These engineers build from scratch. They develop the custom software used to process all the creative content, the tools that providers use to deliver content, all the server-side systems, and the APIs for many Apple services.
Thanks to Apple’s unique integration of hardware, software, and services, engineers here partner to get behind a single unified vision. That vision always includes a profound respect for privacy, one of our core values. Although services are a bigger part of our business than ever before, these teams remain small, nimble, and cross-functional, offering greater exposure to the array of opportunities here.
What You Will Do
- An internship with Apple Media Products in Singapore would offer the opportunity to work in any of the following areas:
- Commerce Engineering, Core Services, or Discovery (Search & Recommendations). If computing at scale is your passion and inventing new algorithms is your flare, then we have several projects you would be interested in across our teams. Our teams push the boundaries of high performance, scalability and big data. At the same time we get to work with amazing designers that transform our work into easy-to-use features that are localized across the globe.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Able to craft multi-functional requirements and translate them into practical engineering tasks
- Excellent debugging and critical thinking skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team-based environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Able to commit 3 to 6 months for the internship
- Proficiency in one or more of these developer skills: Java, Golang, Python, Ruby, Unix, MySQL, Clojure, Scala, Java Script, CSS, HTML5
- Experience with modern Cloud infrastructure and deployment systems - Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, GCP
- Experience in advanced Big Data methodologies such as Data Modelling, Validation, Processing, Hadoop, MapReduce, Mongo, Pig
- Experience with web frameworks such as React, Angular, NodeJS
- Client-Server protocol & API design Skills - REST, JSON
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Data Science and Analytics,...
- Closing Date:4th Apr 2021, 6:00 pm