A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We’re a unique and independent organisation. We’re owned by our employees, so we can make sound decisions for the future, choose our own clients and deliver solutions that are high in quality and value.
This allows us to make a real difference to the world around us – and offer infinite possibilities for your career. We are truly global, and our 15,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion.
Over the course of the Arup Graduate Development Program as a graduate, you will have the opportunity to complete a variety of customised training modules.You will spend time in these workshops with your graduate peers, from a variety of different disciplines, building fundamental business and communication skills aimed at developing staff into well-rounded professionals.
The Arup Graduate Development Program comprises a number of both compulsory and optional training modules. Specialist technical training will also be provided in a number of areas as determined and organised by your specific group.
What you will do
The focus of this role is to provide services and support in the area of Data Science and Analytics for the Transport and Resources group in Singapore. The Digital Engineering team is currently growing in response to the increasing use of digital technologies to provide innovation on Arup projects. Products: Creating tools that add repeat value to projects in the built environment – often based on the many ideas pitched to us from other Arup teams.
As a Graduate, you will aim to develop key knowledge and skills that will allow you to provide a high quality of consultant services. This may take the form of undertaking relevant modelling, analytical research, and design work within your relevant business area. There will be a structured career plan and development program to assist you in attaining the desired level of knowledge and skills. The people at Arup are driven to find a better way and to deliver better solutions for our clients.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor of Data Science and Analytics OR formal education in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Applied Statistics, Mathematics.
- Experience in machine learning techniques and algorithms (Regression, KNN, SVM, Decision forest).
- Good applied statistics skills and experience in Statistical modelling (Statistical testing, regression).
- Experience in applying data science methods to business problems and with data visualisation tools.
- Programming experience in at least 2 applicable scripting languages: R, Python, SQL.
- Strong presentation and communication skills to help explain complex analytical concepts to people from other fields.
- Understanding of the different approaches of data science and the ability to dig into a problem and extract the best solution for the challenge.
- Awareness required to drive the analytical scope and methodology for projects, including formulating and shaping the models within a commercial environment.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Data Science and Analytics, Mathematics, Science,...
- Closing Date:15th Feb 2020, 6:00 pm