A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We’re a unique and independent organisation. We’re owned by our employees, so we can make sound decisions for the future, choose our own clients and deliver solutions that are high in quality and value. This allows us to make a real difference to the world around us – and offer infinite possibilities for your career.
We are truly global, and our 15,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion. Over the course of the Arup Graduate Development Program as a graduate, you will have the opportunity to complete a variety of customised training modules.
You will spend time in these workshops with your graduate peers, from a variety of different disciplines, building fundamental business and communication skills aimed at developing staff into well-rounded professionals.
What you will do
- Digital technologies and interactive media are changing the way that complex information is communicated and understood right across the built environment. At Arup, digital transformation has become a core part of everything we do. Understanding our clients to better solve their problems and create engaging experiences for them is a fundamental skill set required right across the organisation.
- As a graduate Digital Transformer, you will work closely on these ideas from the outset making recommendations as to whether they are feasible, viable desirable. For ideas that meet these criteria the DT will work with stakeholders, designers, and developers throughout the product (or project) lifecycle.
- As many products and projects will come from internal ideators who want to be involved, the DT will also work to introduce these people to the agile process and support them from writing user stories to programming and then testing.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Degree in Computer Engineering or Science, Information Technology.
- Ability to dig into a problem in depth to validate it, and drive ideation around creative solutions.
- Understand the different requirements of bespoke one-off projects vs products in terms of scalability and risk.
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines is essential.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Information Technology, Science
- Closing Date:15th Feb 2020, 6:00 pm