A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We’re a unique and independent organisation. We’re owned by our employees, so we can make sound decisions for the future, choose our own clients and deliver solutions that are high in quality and value. This allows us to make a real difference to the world around us – and offer infinite possibilities for your career.
We are truly global, and our 15,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion. Over the course of the Arup Graduate Development Program as a graduate, you will have the opportunity to complete a variety of customised training modules.
You will spend time in these workshops with your graduate peers, from a variety of different disciplines, building fundamental business and communication skills aimed at developing staff into well-rounded professionals.
What you will do
The focus of this role is to gain an introduction into the various aspects of tunnel design and construction. As a Graduate, you will aim to develop key knowledge and skills that will allow you to provide a high quality of consultant services.
This may take the form of undertaking relevant modelling, analytical research, and design work within your relevant business area. There will be a structured career plan and development program to assist you in attaining the desired level of knowledge and skills.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Awareness/knowledge of coding and scripting software (e.g. grasshopper, Python, FME, or similar).
- Proactive and keen to pick up new skills.
- Good team player.
- Able to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Good communications skills (both written and verbal).
- Supporting the firm’s compliance in maintaining ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 requirements.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Civil Structural
- Closing Date:15th Feb 2020, 6:00 pm