Our Mechanical Building Services Engineers apply their specialist skills to buildings projects across the globe. We offer our clients a broad spectrum of expertise and consulting services in, but not limited to, the following types of developments: commercial and residential developments, tall buildings, universities, colleges and schools, hospitals and healthcare buildings, laboratories and research facilities, transport projects, including airports and rail stations, sports facilities and stadia, theatres and performance venues, museums and art galleries, large-scale industrial and manufacturing facilities and data centres.
We are currently recruiting for a Graduate Mechanical Engineer to join our multi-disciplinary design teams in Cape Town, South Africa. We will support you towards obtaining professional status, and we offer excellent training and development opportunities to our colleagues. We pride ourselves on our extensive support network and our strength in numbers.
What we offer you:
- Beyond a competitive guaranteed annual salary, core benefits include medical aid and hospital gap cover; as well as provident fund covering retirement savings, death and disability. Core benefits form part of your guaranteed annual package.
- As a membership organization, permanent members share in our success through a global profit share. Our people also have access to a range of broader wellbeing benefits.
- You'll have access to lots of learning opportunities and ongoing training through Arup university and other learning programmes.
- Additionally, you'll have the opportunity to utilize your technical expertise to improve the lives of the most vulnerable in the communities in which we live and work through Arup's community engagement programme.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electro-Mechanical Engineering.
- Analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Possess a working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- A working knowledge of Design Builder (or similar energy modelling software), Revit and AutoCAD would be an advantage.
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and demonstrate an ability to learn new software within a working environment that utilizes 3D design and digital automation.
- A working knowledge of Python, Dynamo, Grasshopper or similar programming languages.
- Enthusiasm for a career in building design, underpinned through a knowledge and understanding of mechanical engineering.
- Organized approach to planning work and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrate a creative and inquisitive approach to problem solving and seek to improve existing ways of working, by finding efficiencies in processes.
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Accounting, Engineering Mechanical
- Locations:Westerncape (South Africa)
- Closing Date:14th Aug 2022, 6:00 pm