As an engineer at ASM, you’ll have the opportunities to get involved in a wider scope of work compared to our larger competitors. While the workload is challenging, you are given the independence and autonomy to perform at your peak. This work requires thinking “outside of the box” in an innovative manner, so you must have the ability to collaborate with others to deliver creative solutions, work well under pressure and pay great attention to small details.
Our intensive graduate program puts you on a fast career track with a leading supplier of semiconductor process equipment for wafer processing. Our goal is to cultivate and nurture the next wave of technical experts, project managers or leaders of ASM.
For the first 1 - 1.5 years, you will be working at our R&D satellites in Helsinki, Finland or Leuven, Belgium. During the program, you will be assigned to creating breakthrough process solutions in collaboration with our global product lines and research partners. You will play a pivotal role in strengthening the connection between the business and R&D.
You will work on challenging process development projects and at the same time participate in internal and external training. After some time you will be assigned to lead projects where you can use your creative abilities to overcome tough, technical obstacles and drive new R&D breakthroughs.
With a mentor from a business unit and expert partner, you will work with other talented researchers from around the world, contributing your unique knowledge and insights to open up new pathways. By actively following industry developments, you will be able to signal new trends and opportunities that are important to ASM.
After completing the program through multiple assignments and training, you will be transferred to a designated product line and apply your advanced knowledge within one of our product lines across the world.
This unique opportunity offers your gateway to an international career within ASM. Next to receiving competitive pay, you will receive additional benefits and support to facilitate your international mobility.
In addition, the Accelerate Program will comprise technical project management and leadership skills training. Throughout the Accelerate Program, you will be mentored and coached on both your technical capabilities as well as your leadership competences.
Required Skills and Abilities
- PhD degree in Physics, Physical Chemistry, Chemistry, Materials Science or Engineering.
- Solid knowledge in the areas: chemistry, material science, physics of semiconductors and basic knowledge of the semiconductor device integration process. Former experience in semiconductor industry will be an asset.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and excellent communication and presentation skills.
- You are willing to relocate and internationally mobile - You are willing to relocate starting at our Corporate R&D centers in
- Finland or Belgium and moving to our business units in Seoul (South Korea).
- You thrive in different cultures, quickly learn new skills and want to be a driving force in global teams.
- You follow through with a critical business mindset - From new ideas and solutions to development of breakthrough technologies to applications and commercialization.
- You are assertive and take charge - You want to take a leadership role and accept the responsibility of solving problems and getting results.
- You communicate well - You can clearly and simply express advanced concepts, both verbally and in writing.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
South Korea (South...
- Closing Date:24th Jul 2022, 6:00 pm