To provide support to the Group Treasury Executive and Group Treasury Controller of the Aspen Finance (Pty) Ltd ("AF") that assist them in discharging their responsibilities with respect to:
- Non-treasury related activities, specific to AF’s operations and treasury-related operational.
- Treasury-related operational, monitoring and funding activities.
What You Will Do
- AF’s monthly trial balance (which is currently Excel-based, but is earmarked to transition to a SAP environment by 30 June 2020).
- AF’s monthly VAT return.
- AF’s annual financial statements.
- AF’s periodic financial budgets/ forecasts.
- Notices with respect to debt funding facilities transactions.
- New beneficiaries on AF’s online banking platforms.
- Payments on AF’s online banking platforms.
- Invoices which AF issues to its intragroup customers.
- Accounting for AFs transactions.
- Execution or confirmation of treasury-type trades (i.e. FX, fixed income).
- Processing or approving of settlements of treasury-type trades.
- First-line of review on third-party interest coupon advice.
- Review of the Group’s South African business’s monthly borrowing costs and related cash flows.
- Monitoring of the Group’s South African and European cash pools.
- Maintenance of the South African business’s loan asset book, and review of related monthly invoices.
- Preparation of hedge accounting models and journals.
- Serving as a super-user with respect to the Group’s treasury management system (“TMS”).
- Processing of new facilities and transactions to the Group’s TMS.
- Preparation of applications to, and other correspondence with, the South African Reserve Bank.
Monitoring Treasury Activities:
Assisting the Group Treasury Controller with the preparation of periodic Group-level summaries (through the use of Excel-based reporting templates) of, inter alia, the following areas:
- Foreign exchange rate risk.
- Interest rate risk.
- Liquidity risk.
- Counterparty risk.
- Cash optimization.
- Loan undertakings.
- With respect to Group Treasury Committee meetings (which occur c. 5 times per annum).
- Assisting the Group Treasury Controller with the preparation of the meetings’ information packs.
- Assist in the coordination of minor tasks necessary for the facilitation of new debt funding facility agreements, or amendments thereto.
- Assist in the coordination of intragroup dividend and other capital flows.
- Assist in coordinating cash flows relating to capital transactions across the Group.
- Performance discussions are held to identify learning requirements.
- Training or solutions are provided for developmental needs.
- Provide ongoing assessment and feedback of development of self.
Required Skills and Abilities
- CA (SA) or equivalent.
- Accounting articles experience (preferably with financial services or treasury-type multinational clients).
- Excellent understanding of - Financial accounting, Internal controls.
- Corporate-treasury concepts and related financial instruments (including hedging instruments, loan agreements and guarantees).
- South African exchange control regulations.
- Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook skills with the ability to apply these tools to a range of different scenarios.
- South African company law and corporate processes.
- Well-organised and methodical approach to tasks.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Adherence to deadlines, and proactive management of stakeholder expectations in relation thereto.
- Simplify complex and unstructured problems.
- Work under pressure.
- Strong business acumen.
- Adaptable/ flexible.
- Team player.
- High level of integrity.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:10th Oct 2019, 6:00 pm