We are seeking a Data Analytics Intern to come, join our team this summer, where Assurant provides an excellent learning environment! They will assist the Data Analytics team in developing deeper analytical tools for our clients and in implementing creative internal solutions for specific business problems.
What You Will Do
Conduct Analysis/Solution Development:
- Assist the Data Analytics Team by performing data collection, data analysis, digital analysis and reporting of key measurements.
- Assist with analyzing and developing innovative new and/or existing process changes.
- Manage Excel spreadsheets for data analysis to support various projects.
- Build PowerPoint presentations and present insights from given analyses to the leadership team.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions around the creation of new solutions.
- Assist in the documentation of standard operating procedures and work instructions.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 2nd year completed and currently enrolled in 3rd or 4th year of undergraduate Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Business Management, Information Systems or related program of study.
- Master’s degree candidates will also be considered.
- 2 years of strong Excel and PowerPoint experience.
- Experience in SQL Server, Digital Analytics, Machine learning, knowledge of data management/warehousing and Power BI are highly desired.
- Strong computer skills; proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and possess excellent follow up skills.
- Must be organized and work well with constantly changing priorities.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Professional demeanor.
- Sustains a positive outlook and views challenges as opportunities.
- Analytical/strategic thinker.
- Ability to quickly learn new applications.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and to quickly provide sound decisions and perform tasks with less than complete information.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics
Chicago (United States...
- Closing Date:6th May 2020, 6:00 pm