AVI LIMITED is known for its leading household brands across many categories including hot beverages, sweet, and Savoury biscuits and snacks, frozen convenience foods, personal care products, cosmetics, shoes, accessories, and fashion apparel.
National Brands Limited operates 5 manufacturing sites, offering world-class manufacturing facilities in Isando (Johannesburg), Rosslyn (Pretoria), Westmead, and Durban (KZN). It is home to some of the best-known South African tea, coffee, and creamer brands, including our delicious range of much-loved savory, and sweet biscuits, and our melt-in-your-mouth snack range.
We are looking for, you, a Mechanical Engineer Graduate who would like to join a company that employs real people to do exceptional things.
What You Will Do
- Analysis of breakdowns, with recommendations to reduce downtime.
- Review of Computerized Maintenance Management System, ensuring reliability and integrity of information captured on the asset care system.
- Manage workshop and related activities to ensure adherence to relevant standards.
- Assist with developing and maintaining a problem-solving culture within the department through facilitating and sustaining root cause analysis practices.
- Compile reports – KPI’s, asset care schedule compliance, artisan utilization., employee management control, financial forecast
- Provide advice and problem-solving techniques.
- Assist with ensuring compliance with the OHS Act.
- Implement aspects of Manufacturing Capability such as 5S and fundamental Reliability Centred Maintenance.
- Manage select aspects of Engineering spares.
- Develop and implement lubrication management strategies.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A BSc / B.Eng. in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum average of 60% in the final year of studies.
- Any vacation experience or part-time work would be beneficial
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Durban (South Africa)
- Closing Date:31st Jul 2021, 6:00 pm