I&J is a globally respected supplier of high quality, chilled, and frozen Cape Hake and a leading producer of farmed Cape Abalone. It is also one of AVI’s great South African brands. I&J is proudly South African and invests in, and empowers, the communities in which it operates. We are looking for, you, an Electrical/Mechanical Engineering Graduate who would like to join a company that employs real people to do exceptional things. Are you ready?
What You Will Do
- Analysis of breakdowns, with recommendations to reduce downtime.
- Review of Computerized Maintenance Management System, ensuring reliability and integrity of information captured on the asset care system.
- Manage workshop and related activities to ensure adherence to relevant standards.
- Assist with developing and maintaining a problem-solving culture within the department through facilitating and sustaining root cause analysis practices.
- Compile reports - KPI’s, asset care schedule compliance, artisan utilization, employee management control, financial forecast.
- Provide advice and problem-solving techniques.
- Assist with ensuring compliance with the OHS Act.
- Implement aspects of Manufacturing Capability such as 5S and fundamental Reliability Centred Maintenance.
- Manage select aspects of Engineering spares.
- Develop and implement lubrication management strategies.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Eng. in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Have a minimum average of 60% in your final year.
- Innovative and analytical mind-set.
- Team player with a passion for achieving.
- Enthusiastic self-starter who is open to all the unique learning opportunities we offer.
- You apply your practical skills and logic when solving problems.
- You can build and strengthen mutually beneficial partnerships with others.
- You can collaborate with others by involving, listening and encouraging others to contribute in the decision making process as far as possible.
- You are reliable and complete your work in accordance with deadlines.
- You focus on consistently delivering high quality work by being meticulous and continually checking the detail of your work.
- You follow policies and procedures in order to manage and mitigate risk.
- You are focus on maintaining my productivity, working quickly and comfortable to multitask when needed.
- You are energetic and take initiative to get things started and make things happen.
- Able to work in Gansbaai, Western Cape.
- Vehicle and driver’s license will be advantageous.
- Be a South African Citizen.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Electrical, Engineering Mechanical
Western Cape (South...
- Closing Date:20th Aug 2021, 6:00 pm