Employers are looking for ways to attract the best talents in the market, engage their workforce and manage it at a reasonable cost. On the other hand, Employees are looking for more than just basic protection benefits. They are also looking at benefits that boost well-being.
With this context in mind, AXA Singapore has developed a brand new offer for corporates and their employees. That offer provides unmatched flexibility for all types of corporates and their employees. That flexibility allows us to offer more benefits to employees while controlling costs for the employer, which is very relevant in today’s environment. Thanks to this differentiated, innovative, and competitive offer supported by best in class tools & systems, AXA Singapore has the ambition to become a leader in the Group Health / Employee Benefits space.
The position contributes strengthening the Actuarial expertise of AXA Singapore as one of the main local market players and within the dynamic environment of a worldwide leading insurance group. Linking pricing, reserving, financial analysis, business planning and reinsurance is a key challenge for the department to ensure the company’s profitable growth and assist management in taking appropriate decisions.
An independent team member with a self-starter mindset, the intern within the Actuarial Valuation team is expected to lead data-driven projects and process improvements and assist other teams of the Actuarial department in their daily tasks in a punctual manner. It is a transversal role across GI Actuarial providing a wide exposure across the P&C and Health business, allowing the analyst to develop good business understanding across portfolios.
What You Will Do
- Support in valuation activities, span across reserving, financial analysis and regulatory reporting.
- Support integration & monitoring projects- Forecast models, Shield, PBPC monitoring, Monthly Actuarial Reserving Analysis, IFRS17 and other ad-hoc projects.
- Support with gap analysis and financial impact analysis across P&C and Health business.
- Collaborate closely with other business and pricing teams on the busines planning and financial monitoring activities.
- Assist the Valuation teams (Reserving, Financial Analysis, Regulatory Reporting and Projects) in their monthly Business As Usual tasks.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Studying actuarial science, economics, statistics, mathematics or equivalent.
- High proficiency in excel.
- At least intermediate working knowledge of VBA.
- Good communication skills and ability to learn on the job.
- Preferred - Student in second year of undergraduate studies onwards.
- High proficiency in VBA / Python.
- Demonstrated involvement/interest in non-academic pursuits.
- Job type:Internships
Actuary, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics
- Closing Date:4th Mar 2021, 6:00 pm