BAE Systems is the UK Government’s nominated Prime Contractor under the Government-to-Government arrangements that are in place to provide equipment, support and training to Saudi Arabia. We provide maintenance of Royal Naval Forces ships and train RSNF personnel safely in a training environment in how to use their ships and equipment.
The purpose of this job is to ensure that the highest training standards in seamanship are delivered and maintained at the Technical Institute of Naval Studies (TINS).
What You Will Do
- Delivering NTT Basic Skills Training curriculum.
- Supporting invigilation activities for assessments.
- Supporting remedial training activities.
- Writing assessment materials.
- Supporting the continuous improvement of courseware materials and media.
- Writing cadet reports as required to meet customer requirements.
- The post holder will be expected to operate to a standard of absolute integrity and professionalism.
- The post holder will ensure the completion of any other reasonable request by their line manager, which aligns with Company business.
Required Skills and Abilities
The post holder must:
- Provide demonstrable evidence that they have completed Forecastle operations at sea.
- Be a graduate of an advanced military trade school or an industry equivalent, and have proven practical experience in - Quartermaster, Boatswains Mate, Operations Specialty.
- Show evidence of having completed successfully a military style Instructional Techniques training course.
- Have experience in delivering seamanship training to new recruits within a training environment.
- Have knowledge of and qualifications in lifting/slinging operations such as ADLEE/ADSLING.
- Have experience in testing and managing of seamanship equipment using the Upkeep Maintenance System (UMS).
- Have completed a Bridge Trainer Train the Trainer course (desirable).
- Have experience in teaching basic navigation and International Association of Lighthouse Authorities (IALA) buoyage systems to new recruits.
- Be fully conversant with BRd67.
The post holder is required to interface directly with the RSNF Customer, as well as staff at all levels in other departments; therefore, the following skills are required:
- Stakeholder management.
- Leadership experience with a proven ability to manage multi-disciplinary staff.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Dhahran (Saudi Arabia)
- Closing Date:8th Dec 2020, 6:00 pm