The Baker Hughes, a GE Company (BHGE) Field Engineer Program is a graduate, entry-level competency-based development opportunity that involves on-job, classroom and online learning. The program is designed to enable you to develop the skills and knowledge specific to the individual BHGE product company to which you are assigned. You will be directly involved in the delivery of services to help clients locate, evaluate and produce oil and gas ever more efficiently including improving environmental standards.
As a Field Engineer you are the key interface between BHGE and the client at the job site and you represent BHGE both technically and professionally to ensure that equipment is installed, maintained and started properly, aiming at Customers’ satisfaction through reliability and proactive support. Your rate of progress will be driven by your personal effort and your ability to demonstrate your capability against the standards defined in the Competency-Development Program (CDP). Your progression will be determined by your performance, including the demonstration of your unfailing commitment to deliver your accountabilities.
What You Will Do
- Rigorously apply Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) standards in all situations using BHGE systems and procedures in service of maintaining and further developing the safety culture.
- Working as a crew member deploying BHGE tools and services, including direct liaison with customers’ representatives and BHGE shore-based Operations Managers.
- Participating in finding solutions to complex technical problems through direct, hands-on work.
- Preparing tools and equipment prior to outbound shipment to the well site.
- Receiving inbound equipment and correctly documenting inventory.
- Providing direct support for tenders including data analysis and cost estimates.
- Supporting invoicing activities to ensure that revenue is secured in the required timeframes.
- Actively engaging in job shadowing opportunities with Sales Managers, Operations Managers and Engineering Managers to understand their activities as the basis of developing business acumen and a holistic understanding of BHGE activities.
- Completing all training assignments to the required standards.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Be enrolled in a degree program in an Engineering, Applied Science or other technical program.
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 or equivalent.
- Fluency in English (assessment of your English proficiency may be part of the selection process).
- The legal right to work in the country in which you have applied without company sponsorship or time restriction.
- Evidence of acting in a leadership role in paid or unpaid work.
- Experience of participating in outdoor activities.
- Evidence of meeting others’ expectations even when the situation was difficult.
- A preference for working in a group rather than working alone.
- Job Type:Graduate jobs
- Position Type:Full time
Saudi Arabia (Saudi...
- Closing Date:22nd August 2018, 6:00 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.