Would you like to develop innovative technology? Do you enjoy networking with a wide range of people?
Take your career to the next level.
The graduate engineer will be expected to observe, learn and contribute to engineering activities listed below relating to the design of subsea production systems, services and offshore equipment meeting relevant company and engineering standards defined below.
The graduate engineer is also expected to attain chartered engineering status in accordance with the accredited monitored professional development scheme applicable to discipline e.g IMechE.
The graduate engineer shall work under close guidance of lead engineers and mentors with rotations through discrete product groups, disciplines & business functions to acquire required breadth of knowledge.
What You Will Do
As a Graduate Engineer (Well Systems), you will be responsible for:
- Enroll and complete an accredited monitored professional development scheme for engineering chartership.
- Create work packs for delegation, review detail drawings, create test procedures and lead small teams.
- Create layouts, specify functional components, evaluate stack-ups, create assembly procedures, support manufacturing, undertake basic calculations.
- Interpret customer engineering specifications to produce layout, detail and assembly designs and specifications.
- Develop conceptual design requirements and layouts on systems and product levels following company design process management (DPM) protocols.
- Develop general design specifications for interpretation by other engineers and designers.
- Retrieve and submit data in PDM link software following company protocols.
- Create detail, fabrication and assembly level drawings to ASME Y14.5 standards and format.
- Create detail designs for manufacture and participate and create material for design reviews including materials and environmental reviews using relevant software to prepare general drawings.
- Modify and create 3D models and drawings to manufacturing standards for ‘Pro-NC’ manufacture using company protocols and parametric practices.
- Create Bill of Materials (BOM) in documentation system, for approval by Engineers.
- Undertake design verification, which may include but not limited to: Tolerance studies, design reliability, design for manufacture, simple failure analysis, design reviews, simple calculations for basic design Verification purposes.
- Identify improvements in existing products, procedures and processes and develop cost effective solutions to satisfy specifications.
- Create basic factory acceptance (FAT) procedures, prototype Test Procedures and document results (PVT) for approval by Engineers.
- Interpret basic pressure vessel and structural engineering calculations for design layout purposes.
- Ensure all design activities and documents are correctly archived in electronic document management system.
- Understand and apply design for manufacture principles for turning, machining, drilling, milling, and welding processes to ensure designs are suitable and allow for efficient manufacture and assembly.
All individual and team activities must comply with company SHE and Operating Policies and Procedures and relevant standards where applicable and appropriate (e.g., API, ASME, ANSI, ISO, IET, ATEX NORSOK, International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), DVNGL, European Standards (EN), American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM). Company must also follow relevant local regulations/Decree/Conventions where business is done.
Required Skills and Abilities
Recent graduate with a Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Conscientious, flexible, versatile and determined.
- Capable of assertive and positive communication and performance.
- Fully fluent in English language. Other location-specific languages desirable.
- Understanding of behavioural personnel issues.
- Works effectively with team members. Professional approach to changing work demands.
- Appropriate standard of technical, safety and professional knowledge as defined by competences.
- Familiar with Risk Assessment and Reliability, Verification Procedures.
- Good knowledge of materials, including welding and heat treatment of metals and elastomers.
- Knowledgeable of current relevant industry standards and codes for area of work.
- Desired - Experience with current industry relevant design and calculation software's.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Mechanical
- Closing Date:13th Oct 2021, 6:00 pm