Global Investment Banking focuses on building long-term relationships with more than 3,000 large corporations, financial institutions and financial sponsors, by providing strong advisory expertise and capitalizing on powerful M&A, corporate banking, treasury, debt and equity product expertise to deliver integrated financial solutions. We have a significant presence in the Americas, Europe, Emerging Markets (ex-Asia) and Asia Pacific.
We are looking for Analysts from a wide range of disciplines with demonstrable energy, drive to succeed and a strong desire to make a difference – is that you?
Training & Program Highlights
For most countries in Asia Pacific, training begins when you will join newly-hired analysts from around the world in New York for an intensive and highly structured few weeks to learn about our global company, its culture and all the relevant tools, techniques and working practices you’ll need to succeed. You'll also receive grounding in your chosen business area, as you develop your professional skills and team-working capabilities.
On return to your local office, you'll take on additional responsibility at an early stage. With on-going development opportunities throughout the program you'll be encouraged to grow your abilities through on-the-job learning and structured training. We'll support and reward you on the basis of your individual performance.
Following the formal training program, you will be on boarded to the Global Banking and Markets Analyst & Associate Academy (GBAM AAA), which will take you on a journey through our global curriculum.
What you will do
As an Analyst within Investment Banking, you will:
- Be part of a highly structured and dedicated program with global reach. You will develop technical and soft skills in a fun global team environment and develop a holistic appreciation of our firm, the people within it and the industry as a whole
- Work in teams to create and deliver solutions that bring to bear the full breadth of the bank's capabilities - ranging from strategic mergers and acquisitions advice, debt, equity, liability derivatives, and structured products, to principal investing and private equity. We deliver solutions to clients leveraging the full spectrum of the bank's capabilities
- Help generate idaeas and opportunities for new and existing clients through in-depth research, financial modeling and industry analyses
- Develop and leverage upon a truly global network. You will learn from, and work with, teams consisting of professionals drawn from across the business, including experienced bankers within your group, experts in other areas of the firm and colleagues from around the globe
- Build relationships, knowledge and experience that will open doors to a wide range of future career options and opportunities
- Unique to Bank of America Merrill Lynch is our provision of a Chief Resource Officer (CRO). The CRO’s sole purpose is to manage and optimize the entry level banker experience on a very hands-on manner. The CRO partners closely with experienced leadership to instill the firm’s culture, to ensure work/life balance and to provide a well rounded, fun and value-add experience for entry level bankers
In some countries, Analysts are placed in a generalist team which means a 'staffer' will staff you on projects in specific industry, product and country coverage groups. In other countries, Analysts are placed directly with a specific team throughout the internship. Team placement is determined by considering business needs and the interests/skills of the Analyst.
The various Investment Banking groups span across country, industry and product (not all groups exist in all countries):
- Hong Kong
- Consumer Retail Healthcare
- Energy and Power
- Financial Institutions
- Global Industrials including Metals & Mining
- Real Estate & Gaming
- Telecom, Media & Technology
- Financial Sponsors
- General Execution
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Required Skills and Abilities
- Final year undergraduate/master student
- On track to receive a GPA 3.5/4 or above (2.1 degree or above - UK system). You do not need to have a background in finance or accounting to apply
- Outstanding academic achievement which is complemented by other socioeconomic extracurricular activities
Skills and Abilities
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Comfortable with change and adjust to changing demands and requirements
- A strong team player
- Demonstrates energy and drive
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates a keen interest in the business you are applying to
- Fluency in English is essential, appropriate Asian language skills are also essential for some roles and countries
- Job type:Internships
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:13th Oct 2019, 6:00 pm