The Quantitative Strategies Group (QSG) is responsible for the models and analytics used in the Sales and Trading divisions within Global Markets. The group designs, builds and maintains industrial strength tools for analyzing, pricing and risk managing financial products across all asset classes traded by Bank of America Merrill Lynch. The group works closely with trading, structuring, risk management and technology to provide analytics which can quickly and accurately quantify the firm’s risks. This involves developing models and algorithms able to accurately calculate the value and risk of the financial products we offer our clients.
This role is for an Analyst within the Rates QSG team based in Hong Kong. The team is responsible for the research, development and deliverable of quantitative solution for rates business initiatives covering the full spectrum of interest rates derivatives in the APAC region from linear to non-linear structured products including hybrids. The successful applicant will primarily focus on the next generation of pricing models, data and analytics tools for USD linear interest rate derivatives, collaborating with other teams globally. The role requires a combination of quantitative, business and technical expertise and as such involves close co-operation with our partners in trading and technology.
What you will do
- Build, test and document quantitative models for pricing and risk management of interest rates derivatives
- Development of quantitative tools to assist with hedging and trading strategies
- Work closely with technology to implement models into production
- Apply new technologies to solve business problems more efficiently
- Work closely with trading, sales and technology to optimize client experience, trading revenues, and trading volumes
Required Skills and Abilities
- Educated to Masters or PhD level in a quantitative subject (Physics, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science) or equivalent
- Advanced programming skills essential (Python, C++ preferred)
- A commercial mindset and an interest in financial markets and quantitative finance
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Able to work well independently and in teams
- Job type:Graduate jobs
Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:13th Oct 2019, 6:00 pm