Wholesale Credit Analyst Internship Program
Can you tell a cash cow from fool’s gold?
What we’re looking for (Key Requirements):
- Penultimate year undergraduate/master student
Outstanding academic achievement
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Comfortable with change and adjust to changing demands and requirements
- A strong team player and client focused
- Demonstrates energy and drive
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates a keen interest in the business you are applying to
- Fluency in English is essential, appropriate Asian language skills are also essential for some roles and countries
Wholesale Credit is a front office function that works closely with origination functions such as Corporate banking, Capital markets, and Global Transaction Services both domestically and globally to devise and deliver solutions to customers. Wholesale Credit is specifically responsible for the credit analysis, credit paper preparation and execution of multiple-ranged financial transactions as well as the subsequent monitoring and management of portfolio quality and exposures.
What you’ll do (Key Responsibilities):
- Provide analytical and other support for senior team members and assist with origination (Corporate Banking, Investment Banking, Global Markets, Global Transaction Services, etc.), risk and other support functions to support balanced portfolio growth
- Learn from, and work with teams consisting of professionals from across the business, including senior team members within your group, product and support partners and other colleagues from around the globe
- Analyze customer financial strength, business strategy, market factors, regulatory environment to assist credit memos and support portfolio management of various Financial Institutions Customers (Government FIs, Banks, Broker-Dealers, Insurers, Funds and etc.) and Corporate Clients
- Perform various statistical and financial analyses
- Conduct comprehensive and in-depth company and industry research
- Develop familiarity with various legal documents – trading documentations, loan agreement, and etc.
- Develop an understanding of internal policy, procedures and regulatory requirements and to ensure full compliance in all respects
- Develop product knowledge - a wide range of credit products including loans, derivatives, trade finance, cash management and treasury products
Summer Analysts in the Asia Pacific region participate in a 9-10 week program, depending on location, which is designed to give you a unique opportunity to gain exposure to life in Wholesale Credit. The program begins with a firm wide orientation, and continues throughout the internship with training, networking events and social activities. You will be given responsibilities early and will be expected to make a significant contribution to the team. As internships mirror full-time positions, they also include goal-setting and a formal review process as well as plenty of opportunity to interact and work with senior bankers. Wholesale Credit Summer Analysts will be assigned a mentor and buddy to provide guidance over the course of the program.
About Bank of America:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
How to Apply
- Start your application at https://campus.bankofamerica.com/
- Search for the program, business division and location you wish to apply for and select the program title
- Select 'Apply Now' and sign in as a new or returning user
- Complete all sections of the application form, followed by the online assessment
- Upload cover letter and/or resume to support your application
- Submit form - please note that in order for your application to be considered, you must have completed the form, the online assessment and uploaded your resume before the deadline
Application Deadline: November 14 2021
- Job type:Internships
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:14th Nov 2021, 3:59 pm