Wholesale Credit is a front office function that works closely with origination functions such as Corporate banking, Capital markets, and Global Transaction Services both domestically and globally to devise and deliver solutions to customers. Wholesale Credit is specifically responsible for the credit analysis, credit paper preparation and execution of multiple-ranged financial transactions as well as the subsequent monitoring and management of portfolio quality and exposures.
Summer Analysts in the Asia Pacific region participate in a 9-10 week program, depending on location, which is designed to give you a unique opportunity to gain exposure to life in Wholesale Credit.
The program begins with a firm wide orientation, and continues throughout the internship with training, networking events and social activities. You will be given responsibilities early and will be expected to make a significant contribution to the team.
As internships mirror full-time positions, they also include goal-setting and a formal review process as well as plenty of opportunity to interact and work with experienced bankers. Wholesale Credit Summer Analysts will be assigned a mentor and buddy to provide guidance over the course of the program.
What You Will Do
- Provide analytical and other support for experienced team members and assist with origination (Corporate Banking, Investment Banking, Global Markets, Global Transaction Services, etc.), risk and other support functions to support balanced portfolio growth.
- Learn from, and work with teams consisting of professionals from across the business, including experienced team members within your group, product and support partners and other colleagues from around the globe.
- Analyze customer financial strength, business strategy, market factors, regulatory environment to assist credit memos and support portfolio management of various Financial Institutions Customers (Government FIs, Banks, Broker-Dealers, Insurers, Funds and etc.) and Corporate Clients.
- Perform various statistical and financial analyses.
- Conduct comprehensive and in-depth company and industry research.
- Develop familiarity with various legal documents - Trading documentations, loan agreement, and etc.
- Develop an understanding of internal policy, procedures and regulatory requirements and to ensure full compliance in all respects.
- Develop product knowledge - A wide range of credit products including loans, derivatives, trade finance, cash management and treasury products.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Final year undergraduate/master student.
- Outstanding academic achievement.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Comfortable with change and adjust to changing demands and requirements.
- A strong team player.
- Demonstrates energy and drive.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates a keen interest in the business you are applying to.
- Fluency in English is essential, appropriate Asian language skills are also essential for some roles and countries.
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance
Seoul (South Korea)
- Closing Date:10th Oct 2021, 6:00 pm