Global Capital Markets Summer Analyst Program
Do you want to work on multi-million dollar deals with some of the largest companies in the world?
What we’re looking for (Key Requirements):
- Penultimate year undergraduate/master student
- Outstanding academic achievement which is complemented by other socioeconomic extracurricular activities
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Comfortable with change and adjust to changing demands and requirements
- A strong team player
- Demonstrates energy and drive
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates a keen interest in the business you are applying to
- Fluency in English is essential, appropriate Asian language skills are also essential for some roles and countries
Global Capital Markets originates a wide variety of equity and debt capital offerings, as well as risk management products. When an issuer client decides to raise capital in the public or private markets, Corporate and Investment Bankers turn to the Global Capital Markets team. Global Capital Markets partners with the coverage team and advises clients on optimal methods to access capital, whether for acquisitions, refinancing or strengthening their balance sheets. The offerings can comprise equities, bonds, private placements, equity linked and derivative products, or a combination of securities.
We are looking for Summer Interns from a wide range of disciplines with demonstrable energy, drive to succeed and a strong desire to make a difference – is that you?
Summer Analysts in the Asia Pacific region participate in a 9 week program, depending on location, which is designed to give you a unique opportunity to gain exposure to life in Investment Banking. The program begins with firm wide orientation and continues throughout the internship with training, networking events and social activities across the Global business.
What you’ll do (Key Responsibilities):
- Be part of a highly structured and dedicated program with global reach. You will develop technical and soft skills in a fun global team environment and leave us with a holistic understanding of our firm and the people within it
- Work on projects alongside bankers in specific industry, product and country coverage groups, providing you with a unique learning opportunity
- Help the team deliver solutions to clients leveraging full spectrum of the bank's capabilities
- Actively contribute to the preparation of client presentations and underlying financial analysis
- Develop a global network. You will learn from, and work with, teams consisting of professionals drawn from across the business, including senior bankers within your group, experts in other areas of the firm and colleagues from around the globe
- Build relationships, knowledge and experience that will open doors to a wide range of future career options and opportunities
Unique to Bank of America is our provision of a Chief Resource Officer (CRO). The CRO’s sole purpose is to manage and optimize the junior banker experience on a very hands-on manner. The
CRO partners closely with senior leadership to instill the firm’s culture, to ensure work/life balance and to provide a well-rounded, fun and value-add experience for junior bankers.
In some countries, Summer Analysts are placed in a generalist team which means a 'staffer' will staff you on projects in specific industry, product and country coverage groups. In other countries, Summer Analysts are placed directly with a specific team throughout the internship. Team placement is determined by considering business needs and the interests/skills of the Summer Analyst.
The various Investment Banking groups span across country, industry and product (not all groups exist in all countries):
- Hong Kong
- Consumer Retail Healthcare
- Energy and Power
- Financial Institutions
- Global Industrials including Metals & Mining
- Real Estate & Gaming
- Telecom, Media & Technology
- Financial Sponsors
- General Execution
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Training & Program Highlights
The 9 week program are designed to help you decide whether our offer matches your aspirations and include:
- A dedicated Chief Resource Officer (CRO) who is tasked with managing and optimizing the junior banker experience
- An induction and training program with classroom and on the job instruction
- Summer Senior Speaker Series, featuring global and divisional presentations by top executives
- Formal career support via buddies, CROs, mentors and staffers who will help you navigate through the program
- Opportunities to interact with senior bankers and network with peers
- Constructive feedback sessions through performance evaluations
About Bank of America:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
How to Apply
- Start your application at https://campus.bankofamerica.com/
- Search for the program, business division and location you wish to apply for and select the program title
- Select 'Apply Now' and sign in as a new or returning user
- Complete all sections of the application form, followed by the online assessment
- Upload cover letter and/or resume to support your application
- Submit form - please note that in order for your application to be considered, you must have completed the form, the online assessment and uploaded your resume before the deadline
Application Deadline: November 14 2021
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:14th Nov 2021, 3:59 pm