Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s strategic vision is to deliver market-leading technology that drives our business forward and meets the needs of our clients. Our business-aligned technology teams develop and support the software platforms critical to that goal. These cover the full spectrum of our business including sales, trading and research applications, trade processing, risk management and portfolio management.
In order to maintain our competitive edge and deliver the best solutions to our global client base, we continually invest in cutting-edge technology. This includes the development of programs and applications that allow you to work with the latest technologies and some of the most highly regarded technologists in the industry. The global nature of our business offers you the opportunity to work and interact with colleagues from around the world, supporting an expanding product range and high level of global demand.
The Technology Analyst - Industrial Attachment is a 6 month regional program designed to provide interns with a unique opportunity to gain an extended exposure to life at the Bank and also make significant contributions to the Technology team in which they are placed. The Industrial Attachment begins with an orientation and induction to the firm. Industrial Attachment interns are given a true associate experience, as assignments mirror full-time responsibility and include goal-setting and a formal review process.
Throughout the term, you may expect:
- Access to online e-portal learning covering compliance and foundation of banking topics
- Structured and on-the-job training
- Networking and social opportunities
- Exposure to experienced management
- Corporate Social Responsibility project
- Involvement in Diversity and Inclusion training/events
- Consideration for full time employment upon graduation
What you will do
The Technology Analyst – Industrial Attachment Program offers roles in our Global Information Security division. This division is primarily responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s client data, information systems and assets. The team designs cybersecurity solutions to prevent unauthorized access and to detect cyber threats and incidents to Bank of America Merrill Lynch systems. Where other technical teams at the company are responsible for building and maintaining applications, this group is responsible for protecting them.
As an Information Security Industrial Attachment Analyst, you will be part of the cybersecurity operations team (who is responsible for application and infrastructure security, cyber incident response, forensics investigation, etc), risk governance and consulting team, or access management team, working with our cybersecurity experts, technology partners and other stakeholders to protect the bank and keep our information safe from internal and external threats.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Undergraduate/Master’s student enrolled in a University
- Outstanding academic achievement
- Major in information security, computer engineering, computer science, information systems or related area
- Must be able to apply the Industrial Attachment as university credit OR take leave of absence from the university to complete the Industrial Attachment
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Being comfortable with change and adjust to changing demands and requirements
- Strong team player and client focused
- Demonstrate energy and drive
- Show a keen interest and passion in Computing and Technology
- Good understanding of security tools such as firewalls, anti-virus software, patch management systems, etc.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering, Engineering Software, Information...
- Closing Date:1st Sep 2019, 6:00 pm