Technology Analyst Summer Program (Developer)
What we’re looking for (Key Requirements):
- Penultimate year undergraduate student
- Outstanding academic achievement
- Major in computer engineering, computer science, information systems or related area
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Being comfortable with change and adjust to changing demands and requirements
- Strong team player and client focused
- Demonstrate energy and drive
- Show a keen interest and passion in Computing and Technology
- Strong programming foundation in OOP and knowledge of platforms such as UNIX, Windows, databases, Java, C, C++, C#, .NET and other technologies
Bank of America’s strategic vision is to deliver market-leading technology that drives our business forward and meets the needs of our clients. Our business-aligned technology teams develop and support the software platforms critical to that goal. These cover the full spectrum of our business including sales, trading and research applications, trade processing, risk management and portfolio management.
In order to maintain our competitive edge and deliver the best solutions to our global client base, we continually invest in cutting-edge technology. This includes the development of programs and applications that allow you to work with the latest technologies and some of the most highly regarded technologists in the industry. The global nature of our business offers you the opportunity to work and interact with colleagues from around the world, supporting an expanding product range and high level of global demand.
The Summer Program is a 10 week program designed to provide Summer Analysts with a unique opportunity to gain an exposure to life at BofA and also make significant contributions to the team with which they are placed. The Summer Program begins with an orientation and induction to the firm. Summer Analysts are given a true associate experience, as assignments mirror full-time responsibility and include goal-setting and a formal review process.
What you’ll do (Key Responsibilities):
- Access to online e-portal learning covering compliance and foundation of banking topics
- Structured and on-the-job training
- Networking and social opportunities
- Exposure to senior level management
- Corporate Social Responsibility project/learning
- Involvement in Diversity and Inclusion training/events
- Consideration for full time employment upon graduation
The Technology Summer Analyst Program offers development roles in Global Markets Technology & Operations division. This line of business provides technology and operations solutions and support for the equities, electronic trading, rates and currencies, credit and structured products, commodities, sales and capital markets, and research businesses.
Under this division are the following lines of business where you will potentially be assigned (depending on the business need)
- Global Markets Operations Technology (GMOT) - Supports Global Markets Operations and Middle Office, plus external partners. Acts as the primary support for Global Markets Operations across Transaction Management, Confirmations, Settlements & Clearing, Corporate Actions, Payments, Operational Risk, P&L and Balance Sheet, and Reference Data. GMOT also provides support for Futures and Options, OTC Clearing, FXPB and GCAS Front Offices.
- Global Equities Technology - Leads the three primary businesses, active in 140 markets around the world: Execution Services (high and low touch), Client Solutions (derivatives) and Asset Management Services (prime brokerage, security lending and swaps). In addition, this group also covers Global Sales, Research, Capital Markets and the GBAM Mercury® Portal.
- Fixed Income Currencies and Commodities (FICC) Technology - Supports the Global Fixed Income, Currencies & Commodities (FICC) trading and sales franchise that operates out of 25 locations worldwide, covering clients in more than 150 countries.
As an analyst, you will be exposed to a broad range of technologies covering many diverse environments with the opportunity to work across all aspects of the software development lifecycle. You will be joining a development technology team that will challenge you to deliver and input solutions, creating or extending one of the many in-house software applications. These operate complex trading systems using languages such as Java, C++, .NET and Python to power and improve our business. In today’s market it is technology that turns trading strategy into a trading profit, putting us ahead of our competitors.
About Bank of America:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
Application Deadline: November 14 2021
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:14th Nov 2021, 3:59 pm