Our Off-Cycle Analyst program is designed to offer you a broad and exciting experience of work as a full time Corporate Banking analyst. During your internship you will be placed within the Johannesburg Corporate Banking Team, working across a diverse range of industries, clients and products.
Global Corporate Banking is focused on relationship management of large cap global corporate and financial institution clients, managing the day-to-day relationship as well as origination of new business with specific responsibility for delivering financing, treasury and risk management advice and execution to our clients globally.
Your training and development is our top priority with extensive formal training offered at the start of the program in addition to on the job support, educational speaker events and mentorship throughout.
What You Will Do
- Assist Global Corporate Banking professionals in relationship management, origination and execution across a diverse set of product areas.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of our clients, the industries in which they operate and how the bank helps support both their growth aspirations and day-to-day banking requirements.
- Provide market-informed judgments on a broad array of financing strategies to address clients' specific needs.
- Help prepare detailed financial models and analytical presentations to provide advice across the capital structure.
- Become proficient at credit analysis and the various metrics used to price and structure various debt instruments.
- Gain familiarity with the legal and documentation aspects of various debt instruments.
- Work on live transactions and interact with clients as you build your network and experience.
- Help to generate ideas and cross selling opportunities for new and existing clients.
- Assist in the development of client specific analysis (e.g. capital structure, acquisition finance).
- Work closely with Investment Banking Capital Markets and Global Transaction Services teams on client coverage and origination.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Candidates are required to be pursuing a degree from an accredited college or university and preferably be in their penultimate or final year of study.
- Strong A-level grades and on track for a minimum 2:1 degree (or equivalent).
- Applications are accepted from a diverse range of degree disciplines such as the Arts and Humanities, as well as numerically focused subjects such as Economics and Mathematics.
- Working knowledge of the sub-Saharan region and specifically South Africa is required.
- Team-work, leadership and problem-solving skills, plus creativity are key qualities, as is the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task and interact with a variety of people.
- Display analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Influences decisions and outcomes through effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates integrity and ethics by earning other’s trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
- Demonstrate drive, innovation and a genuine interest in the financial markets.
- Fluency in English is essential for all roles.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Arts and Humanities, Economics, Mathematics
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:30th Sep 2021, 6:00 pm