Our internships are the perfect introduction to the world of financial services. You’ll be immersed in your chosen business area, learning from our people and taking on real business challenges.
Wherever you join us, you’ll discover a platform to help you absorb the essential skills and knowledge you’ll need to progress on your journey at Barclays. You’ll receive genuine support and encouragement, with both experienced and entry-level mentors to guide you; and you’ll have the opportunity to take part in networking and social events. We want you to feel part of our community from the very start.
The Team that Protects our Business:
At Barclays, our reputation means everything. Our Compliance team is at the heart of our business, helping the Group confidently navigate all the laws and regulations that govern our industry – and enabling our success. This team defines, applies and advises on decision-making boundaries, empowering everyone at Barclays to continuously uphold our values and achieve our goals.
Sound like the place for you? Join us as a summer analyst to find out.
What You Will Do
Real responsibility, right away - As a summer analyst, you’ll spend the summer with our team, building a solid foundation in Compliance and helping the Group deliver our strategy. You’ll either join one of our business-facing teams, supporting a particular business division, or one of our firm-wide core teams, supporting the entire Group.
- Review policy breaches and escalations to identify themes and create recommendations to increase efficiency.
- Draft procedures for regulatory disclosures.
- Advise colleagues about regulation related to specific products and services.
- Help maintain the barrier between private side and public side teams.
- Work closely with IT to represent Compliance requirements for new systems.
A place where you can thrive:
At Barclays, you’ll be surrounded by people who will help you achieve your ambitions. Our collaborative, supportive environment gives you the chance to build solid relationships with leaders and peers alike.
During the programme, you’ll also:
- Participate in formal and informal training.
- Connect with experienced and entry-level mentors.
- Attend dedicated networking sessions and other programme events.
- Receive detailed performance feedback.
- Give back to the community through volunteer events.
And if you really impress us, this could be the beginning of an incredible career. We invite top-performing, eligible summer analysts to join us as full-time Compliance analysts after graduation.
Required Skills and Abilities
To be considered for this programme, you must:
- Be an undergraduate student with an anticipated graduation date between December 2022 - June 2023.
Ideally, you would also have:
- GPA of 3.2 or above.
- Unrestricted respective locations work authorization.
- Resourcefulness, leadership, team-orientation, enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial spirit, demonstrated through participation in extracurricular activities.
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:21st Aug 2021, 6:00 pm