BASF’s regional headquarters is located in Hong Kong, overseeing over 18,000 employees at about 100 sites across Asia Pacific. BASF’s Hong Kong office houses regional business units (Monomers, Intermediates, Performance Chemicals, Care Chemicals, Coatings and Dispersions & Pigments) and regional functional units (Human Resources, Finance & Controlling, Corporate Audit, Legal, Taxes & Insurance, Strategic Planning & Business Development, Supply Chain & Procurement, and Corporate Affairs). BASF also maintains the global headquarters of its Dispersions and Pigments business in Hong Kong.
The Petrochemicals division is the starting point for BASF’s petrochemical-based value chains globally. We operate a highly competitive asset base with best-in-class technologies and set the benchmark in safety, sustainability, operational excellence and cost competitiveness. With six Verbund sites and several major production sites, we are close to our customers and present in the largest chemical markets worldwide.
The division supplies various value chains across the company and a broad range of customer industries with high-quality chemicals, putting our customers in the center of everything we do and contributing to the organic volume growth of BASF. Our portfolio includes cracker products, industrial gases, acrylics, superabsorbent polymers, styrenic foams, alkylene oxides, glycols, alcohols, solvents and plasticizers. In 2019, the Petrochemicals division generated sales to third parties of about €6.7 billion.
As part of the Petrochemicals team, you will be reporting to the Head of Controlling to support the team in terms of management reporting and cost controlling.
What You Will Do
- Assisting the regional controller on management reporting for the Petrochemicals business of BASF & Controlling digitalization.
- Assisting the regional controller on product costs/ fixed costs reporting and analysis and helping the team to understand and utilize the available reports from Shared Service Center.
- Support in the Controlling Digitalization @ CP Asia initiatives.
- Support in Non-Trade Portal (NTP) handling and CSA cost charging.
- Support Contract management & Delegated Procurement Compliance Control.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Commitment to a 6-month full-time internship from June 2021.
- Students of Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or of related disciplines.
- Having experience in digitalization and/or data management are beneficial.
- Preferably with experience in Power BI or Tableau.
- High proficiency in oral and written English and Mandarin Chinese.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, particularly Excel.
- Innovative, self-motivated and proactive working style.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business and...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:28th Apr 2021, 6:00 pm