At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Our portfolio is organized into six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF’s Asia Pacific regional headquarters is located in Hong Kong and had 390 employees by the end of 2020.
BASF is currently building a new Verbund site in Zhanjiang, Guangdong province. Announced in July 2018 and officially commenced in November 2019, BASF Guangdong Verbund site project would be BASF’s largest investment with up to US$10 billion upon completion and would be operated under the sole responsibility of BASF. The site would ultimately be the third-largest BASF site worldwide and will be built into a role model for smart manufacturing and sustainable production by utilizing the latest digital technologies and applying the highest safety standards.
Objectives of the Position:
As part of the Smart Supply Chain & Logistics team in Hong Kong, you will support the team in Data Analytics, Data Visualization & AI models of the new Verbund site.
What You Will Do
- Support in Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning Analysis using Python or R.
- Support the Smart Supply Chain team in furthering and improving the Supply Chain Control Tower concept.
- Help to transform data into valuable insights for the management team.
- Create Real Time Dashboards (Power BI) and Data Visualizations and prepare the data model.
- Scoping & management of sub-projects and engagement to project partners.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Commitment to a 6-month full-time internship from May 2022.
- Students of Master's degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Analytics, Information Technology, Data Science, or of related disciplines.
- Preferably with past internship experience in Business Intelligence, Data Science, Supply Chain or other related fields.
- High proficiency in oral and written English.
- Proficient in Power BI / Tableau; preferably with knowledge in Microsoft Azure, R or Python programming.
- Ability to think outside of the box and have an analytical mindset.
- Self-starter and able to work independently on assigned projects with limited supervision.
- Job type:Internships
Business and Commerce, Data Science and...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:31st May 2022, 6:00 pm