At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Our portfolio is organized into six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF’s Asia Pacific regional headquarters is located in Hong Kong and had 467 employees by the end of 2019.
The Dispersions & Resins division of BASF develops, produces and markets a range of high-quality polymer dispersions, resins, additives and electronic materials worldwide. These raw materials are used in formulations for a number of industries, including coatings, construction, adhesives, printing and packaging, electronics and paper. With its comprehensive product portfolio and its extensive knowledge of the industry, the Dispersions & Reins division offers its customers innovative and sustainable solutions and helps them advance their formulations.
Objectives of the Position:
As part of the Global Controlling & Strategy team, you will be reporting to the Vice President, Controlling & Strategy, Dispersions & Resins and support the team in dashboard development, reporting activities, financial analysis, and others.
What You Will Do
- Support the team in the monthly management reporting.
- Analyse financial variance with historical data and budget to identity gaps.
- Contribute to the digitalization initiatives of reporting and analysis tools.
- Support development of dashboard using Power Apps and Power BI to increase efficiency of reporting and enhance dimensions of analysis.
- Assist in FY 2022 and 2023’s budget forecasting.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Commitment to a 6-month full-time internship from October 2021.
- Students of Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in Finance, Accounting IT, Data Science, or related disciplines.
- High proficiency in oral and written English.
- Preferably with experience in Finance, Controlling, Information Systems or Data Analysis.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel; knowledge in Power View, Power Pivot or Power Query.
- Knowledge in data visualization tool such as Tableau / Power BI and understanding of relational databases (e.g., SQL) is beneficial.
- Ability to think outside of the box and have analytical mindset.
- Self-starter and able to work independently on assigned projects with limited supervision.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Data Science...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:5th Oct 2021, 6:00 pm