At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Our portfolio is organized into six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF’s Asia Pacific regional headquarters is located in Hong Kong and had 390 employees by the end of 2020.
Performance and Formulation Additives focus on serving customers a comprehensive range of raw materials for the formulation of coating, dyeing, printing, packaging, adhesive and construction products.
Objectives of the Position:
We would be happy to welcome you to the Global Performance and Formulation Additives Team.
Our business unit focuses on serving customers in the paints and coatings, such as architectural, industrial and automotive and printing and packaging, as well as adhesives, construction and composites industries. We produce and market a wide range of performance (light stabilizers and antioxidants) and formulation additives (dispersing agents, defoamers, rheology modifiers, wetting agents & surface modifiers, film forming agents) all over the globe.
The Global Strategic Marketing team drives the key strategic aspects of the business such as capital investments / divestments, global research & development projects, industry and key customer strategies. Our industry teams also steer the innovation process, competitor and market analysis, definition of launch packages, as well as internal and external customer promotions.
What You Will Do
- Support & drive business analysis & strategic rationale for global investments / divesture projects.
- Analyze global & regional business performance to identify gaps towards results for current year.
- Drive / lead market research, competitive analysis and benchmarking.
- Support & drive digitalization initiatives such as pricing, website development.
- Conduct financial analysis to monitor top line and fixed cost development.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Committed to a 6–9-month full-time internship from May 2022.
- Students of Bachelor/Master's Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Chemistry or related disciplines.
- Having previous internship experience in marketing / strategy is an added advantage.
- Having international experience is a plus point.
- Proficient in Advanced MS Excel & MS PowerPoint; knowledge in Power BI is beneficial.
- Willing to learn and able to work independently and expose to various tasks given.
- High proficiency in oral and written English, other languages is a plus point.
- Job type:Internships
Administration, Engineering Chemical Processing, Marketing and...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:5th Mar 2022, 6:00 pm