At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Our portfolio is organized into six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF’s Asia Pacific regional headquarters is located in Hong Kong and had 467 employees by the end of 2019.
Care Chemicals Asia Pacific (A-EMA) offers a broad portfolio for hygiene, personal care, home care, industrial & institutional cleaning as well as technical applications. Care Chemicals is the leading supplier to the cosmetics industry, detergents and cleaner's industry. They operate production and development sites as well as sales offices in all regions.
Objectives of the Position:
As part of the Operations team, you will report to the Vice Director and support the team in the development of an Asset Target Picture for the Asia sites of Care Chemicals.
What You Will Do
- Conduct research and provide strategic input derived from customer needs.
- Conduct analysis on existing asset plans, processes concerning capital expenditure, operational excellence, maintenance, asset effectiveness in short-term & long term.
- Conduct data extraction and analysis to generate business insights & transparency.
- Perform data visualization and dashboarding.
- Develop a realistic roadmap for our assets based on KPIs and benchmarks.
- Review and ensure alignment with major stakeholders.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Commitment to a 6-month full-time internship from March 2021.
- Students of Bachelor’s Degree or Master's Degree in Business, Analytics, Chemistry, or related disciplines.
- High proficiency in oral and written English.
- Enthusiastic and motivated student with broad interest in all aspects of chemical industrial production.
- Shows interest in strategy and having good communication skills.
- A team player and passionate in applying (new) digital visualization tools.
- Self-starter and able to work independently on assigned projects with limited supervision.
- Job type:Internships
Business and Commerce, Data Science and...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:19th Feb 2021, 6:00 pm