BASF has been present in Singapore since 1978, supplying customers from various industries, including chemicals, construction, electronics, personal care, and health and nutrition. The company today operates four production facilities in Singapore, as well as Newtrition® Lab Asia Pacific for its nutrition and health business. BASF posted sales to customers in Singapore of about €257 million in 2019 and had 565 employees as of the end of the year.
What you will do
- To support lab for sample preparation such as prepare instruments, reagents, consumables etc.
- To assist the team on running sample test, checking the quality sample, and monitoring the production procedures.
- To provide administrative support to laboratory staffs such as management of logbooks, request for high critical controlled datasheets and filing of laboratory data sheets.
- Work with other functions collaboratively, and work as team player in site quality control.
- To keep alignment with safety requirement and actively participate safety activities in site.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Commitment to 1 month full-time/part-time internship from March 2021
- Students of Bachelor’s degree or Master’s Degree of Chemistry/ Chemical Engineering/ Biomedical Engineering or related studies
- Familiar with common lab instruments
- Strong safety awareness
- Strong analytical skills; self-starter and positive attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications such as Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge on organic chemistry or synthetic chemistry would be added advantage
- Have 6 months’ lab working experience as a research assistant or final year project would be added advantage
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:27th Feb 2021, 6:00 pm