Bayer and Johns Hopkins University are partnering together in an effort to provide students a beneficial opportunity to support key IT Pharma initiatives. Through the conduction of Lighthouse Projects, students will be given an opportunity to partake in the innovative creation of AI solutions to successfully enable our Pharmaceutical industry. Through successful collaboration, Bayer and Johns Hopkins University will be able to proactively generate data-driven solutions to further enable the treatment and services allocated to patients across the globe.
With our innovative products, we are contributing to finding solutions for some of the major challenges of our time. All the science we do and the resulting innovative products are designed to provide a better life for people across the world. To fulfill our mission, we embrace our LIFE values - Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility, and Efficiency. Our most important resource isn’t technical: it’s human. Our world class Digital Transformation and Information Technology team collaborates across organizational boundaries and with external partners, focusing on innovative solutions to exceed our customers’ needs and bring medicine to patients faster.
We are currently seeking a motivated PhD Data Science candidate for meaningful work in our Pharma Digital Transformation and IT PhD Internship program focused on our LightHouse Initiatives.
Our Lighthouse cases are high-priority / highly innovative projects, executed by cross-functional teams and coordinated by data science, technology and digital transformation work streams. They are important proof points for Bayer's Advancing Digital narrative.
What You Will Do
The primary responsibilities of this role, Intern Lighthouse, are to:
- Partner with experienced team members and other interns to contribute to meaningful assignments.
- Be part of a team that focuses on developing, validate and industrializing machine learning and AI-driven algorithms that will help provide a comprehensive and holistic overview of the individual patient risk to support decision making for cardiovascular patients.
- Grow as an individual by participating in a defined business assignment with a clear objective.
- Make an impact by fostering collaboration across our organization to provide real solutions to business problems.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently enrolled in a Ph.D. of Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Biomedical Engineering or related technical field.
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0.
- Experience in solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches (or equivalent).
- Experience with SQL or other programming languages (Python, Java, and/or C++).
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills, including an ability to interact with and establish good working relationships across all levels of a global team.
- Self-driven leadership skills demonstrated by initiative and positive approach to tasks, decision-making.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics
New Jersey (United...
- Closing Date:29th May 2020, 6:00 pm