So, you are considering joining BDO in South Africa for a traineeship position. As the South African member firm of the global BDO organization, one of the fastest growing professional services networks globally, you would be making a good choice for your future career. You would be joining an organization with representation in over 167 countries and territories, including 58 Africa countries.
We know that it’s important to you to be part of something that matters, a firm that is making an impact on its profession as well as the communities in which it is located. You’ll find all that, and more, at BDO. Our mission defines who we are and why we exist. It’s our core purpose. We play a big role in helping our clients and people achieve their dreams. Our mission keeps us grounded and humble about our impact on people’s lives every day.
The Wealth Advisors Trainee Programme is a two-year contract at BDO Cape Town. Successful candidates will be mentored by a qualified CFP professional under the BDO mentorship programme.
What You Can Expect When You Join BDO:
- A commitment to creating unlimited growth by giving our people continuous opportunities.
- A friendly and supportive culture, surrounded by teammates who are on the same journey as you.
- Collaboration and an open-door policy, all the way up to our CEO.
- A mentor to guide and challenge you.
- Exposure to a range of clients, from large JSE-listed companies to smaller owner-managed businesses.
- Opportunities to show you care through our CSI initiatives.
- A chance to meet other colleagues at our Sports & Social functions.
- Secondment opportunities for qualifying staff.
- Hands-on involvement in audit work from the day you join.
- A choice of six offices in South Africa offering audit work. Our other offices do Advisory work and as such traineeships are not available in Nelspruit, Roodepoort, Stellenbosch.
- A firm big enough to be able to access the best group of experts for a client’s needs from our national and international network, and small enough to be responsive and innovative in tackling challenges.
Required Skills and Abilities
- BCom degree.
- BCom Honour’s in Financial Planning or Postgraduate Diploma in Financial Planning.
- Eligible to write CFP board exam during 2021.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Methodical and organized.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize.
- High level of computer literacy on MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet Explorer.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:31st Oct 2020, 6:00 pm