So, you are considering joining BDO in South Africa for a traineeship position. As the South African member firm of the global BDO organization, one of the fastest growing professional services networks globally, you would be making a good choice for your future career.
You would be joining an organization with representation in over 167 countries and territories, including 58 Africa countries.
We know that it’s important to you to be part of something that matters, a firm that is making an impact on its profession as well as the communities in which it is located. You’ll find all that, and more, at BDO. Our mission defines who we are and why we exist. It’s our core purpose. We play a big role in helping our clients and people achieve their dreams. Our mission keeps us grounded and humble about our impact on people’s lives every day.
The Trainee IT Auditor is responsible to the manager in charge for carrying out the work allocated to them, for keeping auditors in charge informed of progress of section under their responsibility and of any problems or difficulties with that work. Responsible for ensuring that work is documented and concluded in accordance with the IT Audit Methodology and keeping accurate time records and perform work allocated with integrity & ethics.
What You Can Expect When You Join BDO:
- A commitment to creating unlimited growth by giving our people continuous opportunities.
- A friendly and supportive culture, surrounded by teammates who are on the same journey as you.
- Collaboration and an open-door policy, all the way up to our CEO.
- A mentor to guide and challenge you.
- Exposure to a range of clients, from large JSE-listed companies to smaller owner-managed businesses.
- Opportunities to show you care through our CSI initiatives.
- A chance to meet other colleagues at our Sports & Social functions.
- Secondment opportunities for qualifying staff.
- Hands-on involvement in audit work from the day you join.
- A choice of six offices in South Africa offering audit work. Our other offices do Advisory work and as such traineeships are not available in Nelspruit, Roodepoort, Stellenbosch.
- A firm big enough to be able to access the best group of experts for a client’s needs from our national and international network, and small enough to be responsive and innovative in tackling challenges.
What You Will Do
- Information Technology General Computer Controls Review.
- Analyze information systems data to assess the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of transaction processing.
- Application Controls Review.
- Provide technical support to Engagement auditors where computer assisted audit techniques (CAATS) are required.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Computer Science or Information Systems BCom Degree./B Com. Accounting/Internal Audit/Informatics or Equivalent.
- The Ideal candidate should be studying toward or wanting to study toward a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) qualification.
- Be knowledgeable or keen to learn data analysis using IDEA or ACL.
- Have reasonable knowledge of Project Management controls.
- Having reasonable understanding of IT risk management, IT governance concepts, best practice frameworks, COBIT, ITIL, ISO27001-2 and other models is advantageous.
- Noticeable knowledge of Revenue, Expenditure, Inventory and Payroll is advantageous.
- Strong client orientation.
- Attention to detail.
- Task driven & delivery focused.
- Ability to priorities and handle stress.
- Ability to work with all levels within an organization.
- Ability to develop an adequate understanding of client’s businesses and identifying risks and controls.
- Socially aware and able to work as part of a diverse team.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Computer Science, Information Systems
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:31st Oct 2020, 6:00 pm