BDO has a vacancy for an Entry-Level Analyst IT Auditor in the Financial Services unit in the Cape Town office commencing in January 2022.
The Entry-Level Analyst will be joining an exciting new Financial Services division within BDO and should be willing to learn how to identify and test key IT controls related to financial reporting in order to develop innovative audit solutions. These solutions should cater to the specific IT risks facing businesses within the Financial Services Industry. The candidate should be able to adapt and learn about new IT risks, which are emerging as a result of exponential technologies such as machine learning, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and robotics.
What You Will Do
- General Information Technology Controls Testing.
- Application Controls Testing.
- Analyse information systems data to assess the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of transaction processing.
- Provide technical support to Engagement auditors where computer assisted audit techniques (CAATS) are required.
Required Skills and Abilities
- BSc Computer Science, BCom Information Systems/Informatics, BCom Internal Auditing or Equivalent.
- Honour’s in any of the above is advantageous but not essential.
- The Ideal candidate should be studying toward or wanting to study toward a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) qualification.
- COBIT, ITIL, ISO27001-2 and other models is advantageous.
- Have a passion and/or interest in emerging technologies for example: machine learning, Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI) and robotics.
- Be knowledgeable or willing to learn data analysis using IDEA.
- Willing to learn IT risk management, IT governance concepts and best practice frameworks.
- Strong client orientation.
- Attention to detail.
- Task driven & delivery focused.
- Socially aware and able to work as part of a diverse team.
- Ability to develop an adequate understanding of client’s businesses and identifying risks and controls.
- Ability to priorities and handle stress.
- Ability to work with all levels within an organization.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Information Systems
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:30th Nov 2020, 6:00 pm