So, you are considering joining BDO in South Africa for a traineeship position. As the South African member firm of the global BDO organization, one of the fastest growing professional services networks globally, you would be making a good choice for your future career.
You would be joining an organization with representation in over 167 countries and territories, including 58 Africa countries. We know that it’s important to you to be part of something that matters, a firm that is making an impact on its profession as well as the communities in which it is located. You’ll find all that, and more, at BDO.
The Trainee Accountant vacancies are for 2025 first year trainees wanting to start their training contract within the BDO Financial Services (FS) division. The training contract will ensure that you achieve the SAICA competencies to register as a Chartered Accountant and equip you with specialist expertise and experience in the Banking, Insurance, Asset Management and Funds industries.
What You Can Expect When You Join BDO:
- A commitment to creating unlimited growth by giving our people continuous opportunities.
- A friendly and supportive culture, surrounded by teammates who are on the same journey as you.
- Collaboration and an open-door policy, all the way up to our CEO.
- A mentor to guide and challenge you.
- Exposure to a range of clients, from large JSE-listed companies to smaller owner-managed businesses.
- Opportunities to show you care through our CSI initiatives.
- A chance to meet other colleagues at our Sports & Social functions.
- Secondment opportunities for qualifying staff.
- Hands-on involvement in audit work from the day you join.
- A choice of six offices in South Africa offering audit work. Our other offices do Advisory work and as such traineeships are not available in Nelspruit, Roodepoort, Stellenbosch.
- A firm big enough to be able to access the best group of experts for a client’s needs from our national and international network, and small enough to be responsive and innovative in tackling challenges.
We Are Looking For Candidates Who Would Like:
- Exposure and specialization in the financial services sector, which includes banking, asset management, stock broking, investment management, funds and insurance companies.
- Hands on experience with clients and management.
- Open door policy with managers and partners.
- Innovative and disruptive thinking.
- A supportive environment that is focused on skills development and professionalism.
What You Will Do
As a BDO Financial Services professional, you’ll work in a fast-paced, innovative and technology driven environment and help BDO's established FS business to deliver exceptional client service and further disrupt and transform the FS industry.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Honors/PGDA/CTA or equivalent level qualification at a SAICA recognized University.
- A passion for Financial Markets and eagerness to specialize within the Financial Services sector.
- Keen willingness to learn and bring energy and aspiration to a growing and innovative team.
- Strong technical ability.
- High level of attention to detail and analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to relate to clients.
- Ability to apply sound professional judgment.
- Ability to work within diverse teams.
- Demonstrate a commitment to self-development and growth.
- Strong organizational ability.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:31st Dec 2021, 6:00 pm