You’ve worked hard for your success. Now make it work for you, by joining the fastest-growing professional services firm, globally. At BDO, we invest in our people to help them grow, both professionally and personally. Work with over 1 800 professionals across seven offices in South Africa and watch your career take off.
We have vacancies for a Corporate Finance Trainee at our Gqeberha (Port Elizabeth) Office.
The Corporate Finance Trainee will assist in providing deal related services, principally from a financial and accounting perspective to both financial and strategic buyers and vendors. The successful candidate will also be involved with JSE advisory services from time to time.
What You Will Do
- Execution of due diligence projects including working paper and report template preparation.
- Production of comprehensive due diligence reports which indicate, inter alia key due diligence findings and recommendations to the client, which are in compliance with best practice and BDO standards.
- Contribute to professional and collaborative client relationships.
- Maintain active communication with managers, partners and clients ensuring the management of expectations and client satisfaction. Proactively identify, document and communicate any changes to the scope of work.
- Liaise with partners in the Port Elizabeth office to identify M&A deals.
- Work with our other regional M&A teams on the execution of their Port Elizabeth based jobs.
- Prepare information memorandums and teaser documents in compliance with best practice and BDO standards.
- Assist in the preparation of valuation workings and reports of privately held businesses and projects using various valuation techniques.
- Identification of potential buyers by leveraging the BDO network, desktop research, client contacts, and own network.
Required Skills and Abilities
- BCOM-Economics, Statistics.
- Fresh out of University.
- Ability to build strong and effective relationships with internal and external clients ensuring a professional and quality service that meets required expectations and needs.
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve internal reporting deadlines.
- Ability to identifying new business opportunities.
- Ability to work as part of a team and build a successful team.
- Ability to prepare detailed reports with the appropriate levels of literacy.
- Ability to work with all levels within an organization.
- Have a clear interest in a broad range of business, strategy and finance topics.
- Stays up to date with market conditions and developments.
- Excellent communication and report writing.
- Excellent planning and organizing abilities.
- Have a strong commitment to excellence and personal and professional growth.
- Have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement and an aptitude for analytics.
- Have a strong record of leadership in a work setting.
- Building trust and relationships.
- Fostering Collaborative Teamwork.
- Approachability, persuading and influencing.
- Proactive in all that we do.
- Fostering active communication (verbal and written).
- Continuously adding value.
- Excellent presenter.
- Have a Commercial and Innovative Digital Mind-set.
- Aligning career aspirations with the strategies, goals and objectives of the team and firm.
- Innovative and willing to share ideas for new ways of working.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Economics, Statistics
Port Elizabeth (South...
- Closing Date:22nd Sep 2021, 6:00 pm