The Entry-Level Analyst will be joining an exciting new Financial Services division within BDO and should be willing to learn how to identify and test key IT controls related to financial reporting in order to develop innovative audit solutions.
These solutions should cater to the specific IT risks facing businesses within the Financial Services Industry. The candidate should be able to adapt and learn about new IT risks, which are emerging as a result of exponential technologies such as machine learning, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and robotics.
We are looking for candidates who would like:
- Exposure and specialization in the financial services sector, which includes banking, asset management, stockbroking, investment management, funds, and insurance companies.
- Hands-on experience with clients and management.
- Open door policy with managers and partners.
- Innovative and disruptive thinking.
- A supportive environment that is focused on skills development and professionalism.
What You Will Do
- General Information Technology Controls Testing.
- Application Control Testing.
- Analyze information systems data to assess the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of transaction processing.
- Provide technical support to Engagement auditors where computer-assisted audit techniques (CAATS) are required.
Required Skills and Abilities
- BSc Computer Science, BCom Information Systems/Informatics, BCom Internal Auditing, or Equivalent.
- Honours in any of the above are advantageous but not essential.
- The ideal candidate should be studying toward or wanting to study toward a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) qualification.
- COBIT, ITIL, ISO27001-2, and other models are advantageous.
- Have a passion and/or interest in emerging technologies for example machine learning, Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), and robotics.
- Ability to prioritize and handle stress.
- Ability to develop an adequate understanding of the client’s businesses and identifying risks and controls.
- Ability to work with all levels within an organization.
- Be knowledgeable or willing to learn data analysis using IDEA.
- Willing to learn IT risk management, IT governance concepts, and best practice frameworks.
- Strong client orientation.
- Attention to detail.
- Task-driven & delivery focused.
- Socially aware and able to work as part of a diverse team.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Information Systems
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:20th Jun 2020, 6:00 pm