BDO has a vacancy for an Entry - Level Analyst IT Auditor in the Financial Services unit in the Cape Town office commencing in January 2021.
The Entry - Level Analyst will be joining an exciting new Financial Services division within BDO and should be willing to learn how to identify and test key IT controls related to financial reporting in order to develop innovative audit solutions.
These solutions should cater to the specific IT risks facing businesses within the Financial Services Industry. The candidate should be able to adapt and learn about new IT risks, which are emerging as a result of exponential technologies such as machine learning, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and robotics.
What You Will Do
Reporting to the manager you will inter alia be responsible for:
- General Information Technology Controls Testing.
- Application Control Testing.
- Analyze information systems data to assess the accuracy, completeness and, timeliness of transaction processing.
- Ability to develop an adequate understanding of the client’s businesses and identifying Risks and controls.
- Provide technical support to Engagement auditors where computer-assisted audit.
- Techniques (CAATS) are required.
- Be knowledgeable or willing to learn data analysis using IDEA.
- Willing to learn IT risk management, IT governance concepts and best practice frameworks.
Required Skills and Abilities
- BSc Computer Science, BCom Information Systems/Informatics, BCom Internal Auditing or Equivalent.
- The ideal candidate should be studying toward or wanting to study toward a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) qualification.
- Honors in any of the above are advantageous but not essential.
- COBIT, ITIL, ISO27001-2 and other models are advantageous.
- Have a passion and/or interest in emerging technologies, for example, Machine Learning, Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Robotics.
- Strong client orientation.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and handle stress.
- Task-driven & delivery focused.
- Ability to work with all levels within an organization.
- Socially aware and able to work as part of a diverse team.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:30th Apr 2020, 6:00 pm