BDO has a vacancy for a Trainee IT Auditor in the Financial Services unit in the Johannesburg office.
The Trainee IT Auditor is responsible to the manager in charge for carrying out the work allocated to them, for keeping auditors in charge informed of progress of section under their responsibility and of any problems or difficulties with that work. Responsible for ensuring that work is documented and concluded in accordance with the IT Audit Methodology and keeping accurate time records and performing work allocated with integrity & ethics.
What You Will Do
- Information Technology General Computer Controls Review.
- Application Controls Review and noticeable knowledge of Revenue, Expenditure, Inventory and Payroll is advantageous.
- Analyze information systems data to assess the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of transaction processing.
- Ability to develop an adequate understanding of client’s businesses and identifying risks and controls.
- Provide technical support to Engagement auditors where computer assisted audit techniques (CAATS) are required.
- Be knowledgeable or keen to learn data analysis using IDEA or ACL, Have reasonable knowledge of Project Management controls.
- Having reasonable understanding of IT risk management, IT governance concepts, best practice frameworks, COBIT, ITIL, ISO27001-2 and other models are advantageous.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Computer Science or Information Systems BCom Degree / Informatics or Equivalent.
- Honours in any of the above is advantageous, but not essential.
- The Ideal candidate should be studying toward or wanting to study toward a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) qualification.
- Strong client orientation.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and handle stress.
- Task driven & delivery focused.
- Ability to work with all levels within an organization.
- Socially aware and able to work as part of a diverse team.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Information Systems
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:18th Apr 2020, 6:00 pm