Our mission defines who we are and why we exist. It’s our core purpose. We play a big role in helping our clients and people achieve their dreams. Our mission keeps us grounded and humble about our impact on people’s lives every day.
BDO invites you to apply for a Risk Advisory Services (RAS) Internal Audit Internship. This 1-year YES program Initiative was launched by President Cyril Ramaphosa in 2018 to combat youth unemployment in South Africa.
YES stands for Youth Unemployment Service, and the goal of the initiative is to create one million new jobs and job opportunities over the next three years, in urban areas, peri-urban areas and rural areas throughout the country. Through facilitating youth employment and YES Community Hubs, the YES initiative aims to combat high youth unemployment, upskill workers, make South Africa more attractive to investors, and boost the South African economy.
Principle Outcomes of the program: Ending unemployment, and then improving the work-readiness of youth who sign up by providing them with training and development opportunities.
What You Will Do
- Reporting to the audit senior in charge for carrying out the work allocated to them.
- Keeping auditors in charge informed of progress of section under their responsibility.
- Reporting of any problems or difficulties with their allocated work.
- Responsible for ensuring that work is documented and concluded in accordance with the RAS IA methodology.
- Keeping accurate time records and performs work allocated with integrity & ethics.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Minimum requirements - but not limited to a Diploma in Internal Auditing.
- Matric Certificate.
- Basic computer knowledge. Good with data capturing and must pay careful attention to detail.
- Keen willingness to learn and bring energy and aspiration to team.
- Strong technical ability.
- High level of attention to detail and analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrate a commitment to self-development and growth.
- Ability to work within diverse teams.
- Strong organizational ability.
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:17th Feb 2021, 6:00 pm