So, you are considering joining BDO in South Africa for a traineeship position. As the South African member firm of the global BDO organization, one of the fastest growing professional services networks globally, you would be making a good choice for your future career.
Our mission defines who we are and why we exist. It’s our core purpose. We play a big role in helping our clients and people achieve their dreams. Our mission keeps us grounded and humble about our impact on people’s lives every day.
The Port Elizabeth BDO Tax team is looking for a Tax Trainee to join their team in 2021.
What You Can Expect When You Join BDO:
- A commitment to creating unlimited growth by giving our people continuous opportunities.
- A friendly and supportive culture, surrounded by teammates who are on the same journey as you.
- Collaboration and an open-door policy, all the way up to our CEO.
- A mentor to guide and challenge you.
- Exposure to a range of clients, from large JSE-listed companies to smaller owner-managed businesses.
- Opportunities to show you care through our CSI initiatives.
- A chance to meet other colleagues at our Sports & Social functions.
- Secondment opportunities for qualifying staff.
- Hands-on involvement in audit work from the day you join.
- A choice of six offices in South Africa offering audit work. Our other offices do Advisory work and as such traineeships are not available in Nelspruit, Roodepoort, Stellenbosch.
- A firm big enough to be able to access the best group of experts for a client’s needs from our national and international network, and small enough to be responsive and innovative in tackling challenges.
What You Will Do
- Register tax payers, calculate tax liabilities and finalizing income tax, payroll tax and VAT returns.
- Review/audit tax balances.
- Mediate tax disputes.
- Write tax opinions and reports.
- Demonstrate ethics and professional conduct in a tax environment.
- Register tax payers and finalize income tax, payroll tax and VAT returns in a private tax practice.
- Check registered tax payers and identify potential examinations/audits in a SARS office.
- Review Income tax, Payroll tax and VAT returns in a private practice.
- Examine or audit tax payers’ Income tax, Payroll tax and VAT returns in a SARS office.
- Complete ADR form related to income tax, payroll taxes and VAT in a private practice.
- Formulate a response to an ADR form related to income tax, payroll taxes and VAT in a SARS office.
- Write tax opinions related to tax disputes, business models and investment and estate planning.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Honours in Taxation.
- B degree + H.Dip Tax.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Port Elizabeth (South...
- Closing Date:31st Oct 2020, 6:00 pm