BDO Johannesburg has a vacancy for an intern working with the Strategy, Development and Advisory department with BDO Advisory Services. SDA is offering a bridging opportunity between University and the working environment in the form of an Internship. This is a dynamic working environment where you will be exposed to diverse research projects and will enable you to grow and learn from tourism, property, infrastructure and other diverse research experts.
What You Will Do
- Assist with research for studies/reports by providing background research as and when requested.
- Liaising with the Client and/or consultant in a professional manner.
- Conducting desk research, including use of the internet, library, industry publications, etc.
- Conducting field research, including telephone interviews, personal interviews, site visits, etc.
- Data capturing of research results into MS Excel or other programmes (as appropriate).
- Evaluating and analyzing research.
- Keeping track of allocated time/budgets on projects.
- Writing of research reports that are of a high standard and are logical and concise.
- General Office Assistance - telephone and email as required.
- Make a meaningful contribution to a successful and profitable operation.
- Maintenance and management of information/database and the electronic library.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Minimum Bachelor Degree or in final year of a Bachelor Degree.
- No work experience required.
- Good working knowledge of MS Windows, the Internet, MS Word and MS Excel.
- Motivated self-starter with a strong will to succeed.
- Be able to work well under pressure/ deadline oriented.
- Ability to meet and stick to deadlines and manage time effectively.
- Good personal management skills.
- Excellent level of logical and analytical skills - Numerate
- Ability to think creatively and laterally.
- Must show initiative.
- Good team player, helpful and reliable.
- Good communication skills.
- Diligent, excellent organizational skills.
- Comfortable with desk research (internet and tele-research).
- Job type:Internships
Gauteng (South Africa)
- Closing Date:16th Jan 2021, 6:00 pm