The purpose of the logistics graduate is to provide administrative and coordinative support across the department.
The Graduate will be responsible for assisting the warehouse team in ensuring that products are registered and packed correctly for transportation and storage.
This role will report to the Logistics Manager.
What You Will Do
- Responsible to support and measure logistics, planning, warehouse, stock control, and risk performance.
- Extract and analyze information from key systems offering valuable insights and present recommendations and enhancements.
- Provide administrative support to the Warehouse team whilst shadowing and learning from them.
- Assist with receiving of inbound goods and ensure they are captured correctly onto the ERP system.
- Assist with issuing the raw materials to production.
- Assist with the dispatching of local and export raw material sales orders.
- Keep production abreast of any inventory shortages.
- Communicate with internal and external sources to ensure effective order fulfillment.
- Assist with Inbound foreign purchase orders.
- Familiarize self with customs procedures.
- Assist with arranging freight (local and foreign).
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics Management or similar.
- Grade 12/Matric with Math.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365.
- Must have a basic understanding of Customs.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Continuous learning - A curious mind and have willingness to learn.
- Analytical thinker.
- Work efficiently under pressure.
- Deadline / Results driven.
- Planning and Organized.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Logistics and Supply Chain, Management
Pietermaritzburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:2nd Dec 2021, 6:00 pm