The purpose of the role is to assist the SHE team in ensuring a safe working environment for all employees.
What You Will Do
- Update and maintain safety training records including entering safety meetings, training meetings, etc.
- Promote safer environmental practices.
- Reinforcement of proper practices related to waste disposal and other environmental safety concerns.
- Assignment of specific Health & Safety related tasks with ongoing projects.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with relevant health, safety and environment legislation.
- Facilitate new employee safety induction.
- Assist in the implementation of the integration of Environment and Safety Management.
- Observing OHS regulations, wears all required safety equipment, encourages safe working practices, corrects obvious hazards immediately or reports them to the proper personnel.
- Maintaining positive and proactive relations with managers and employees, as well as our customers and regulatory agencies.
- Department/Line Managers.
- Mechanical and Electrical engineering Departments.
- Stores Department.
- Existing and new service providers.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety management/Sciences or similar.
- Grade 12/Matric.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Continuous learning - A curious mind and have the willingness to learn.
- Pay attention to detail.
- Analytical thinker.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365.
Closed a month ago
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
KwaZulu Natal (South...
- Closing Date:25th Jun 2021, 6:00 pm