You are the type of person who has a passion for taking raw numbers and turning them into actionable insights for the world's business and financial decision makers. Your friends all know you as the one who has a true interest in technology, and who likes nothing more than spotting a creative way to improve a process. You have a natural eye for detail, and an interest in the financial markets. You are independent and determined, but thrive as part of a team. You enjoy dealing with people, and you're that person who knows what customer service really means.
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Global Data department is responsible for acquiring it and supplying it to our clients. Our Market Data Analysts collect, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal—the data which ultimately moves the financial markets. They apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and they implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes—and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
Our Data Specialists are primarily responsible for providing timely, accurate, and comprehensive data for our clients by extracting information from a variety of source documents and rationalizing it to Bloomberg taxonomies for comparability. In addition, they are responsible for handling inquiries from clients about the data if issues arise or explanations are required. Junior Data Specialists may also provide support for internal clients that consume the data so they are required to collaborate with multiple teams across the firm, which makes the role diverse and provides an opportunity to learn. As such, this role is a meaningful step towards becoming a Senior Data Specialist.
We’ll trust you to:
- Extract and rationalize data to Bloomberg taxonomies in accordance with established methodologies
- Perform quality control to ensure data accuracy by inspecting Bloomberg data values and comparing them to source documents
- Provide customer support for users of Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service, News, Enterprise Solutions, and Bloomberg Law by resolving inquiries in a timely manner
- Procure content to support best-in-class coverage of the data set
- Report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree (preferably in Finance or Economics, for Data Management only)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Applications, particularly Excel
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills
- Interest in and aptitude for technology
- Customer focused mindset
We’d love to see:
- Business fluency in English and native in Chinese
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
- Project management skills and/or experience
- Working knowledge of VBA and/or SQL
- Familiarity with mark-up languages such as XML, SGML, JSON, YAML, and/or HTML
- Openness to change and willingness to work through challenges.
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing [email protected]
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:28th Oct 2021, 2:04 am