Born in 1981, Bloomberg is the world's primary distributor of financial data and a top news provider of the 21st century. A global information and technology company, we use our dynamic network of data, ideas and analysis to solve difficult problems. Our customers around the world rely on us to deliver accurate, real-time business and market information that helps them make important financial decisions. At Bloomberg, we are guided by four core values that are the foundation of our continued success: innovation, collaboration, customer service and doing the right thing.
We harness the power of data and analytics to organize, understand and improve our world. It's our purpose.
Come find yours.
What You Will Do
The quantitative solutions team is a team which works very closely with Bloomberg's Sales and Product departments to help in increasing our clients' dependency on our product by creating (desktop) quantitative solutions revolving primarily around our Python/Excel APIs. Projects the team work on include building sophisticated financial models that allow our clients to gain an edge in the markets, assisting our clients in transitioning their worksheets/models from competitor-linked products to Bloomberg data, as well as collaborating with Product Development to drive product enhancements.
In this role you will have the opportunity to be involved in various aspects of the team, mainly working on developing new internal automation and collaboration tools to improve the efficiency of the team and have a direct impact on the way we can support Bloomberg clients.
You will spend times in different departments across the company during your internship and we envisage your career starting in the Analytics department before moving to the Desktop Build Team.
Required Skills and Abilities
- You are a penultimate year student who are available to work for 10 weeks between June and August 2021.
- You must graduate by 2022.
- You are a high calibrate student on target for a degree in mathematics, statistics, physics, computer science, or another highly quantitative fields with an inclination towards Finance or Economics.
- Exposure to marketing, statistics and/or software programming.
- A strong aptitude for problem solving, plus the drive to think creatively.
- Good verbal, presentation, and written communication skills as you work across departments and speak to clients.
- A keen interest and understanding of financial markets and interest in financial data analysis.
- Proactive approach and confidence in sales approach and strategy and excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Computer Science, Economics,...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:19th Feb 2021, 6:00 pm