Our Data Analysts are primarily responsible for providing timely, accurate, and comprehensive data to our clients. They use their technical, business, and communication skills to improve products and processes in Global Data, which makes the role challenging and entrepreneurial.
Entry Level Data Analysts will leverage their growing skills and experience over time to become Data Analysts that plays a key role innovation across our business and subsequently have the opportunity to become a Lead Data Analyst/ Data Scientist.
What You Will Do
- Utilize a variety of software solutions to extract and rationalize data to Bloomberg taxonomies.
- Perform quality control to ensure data accuracy by comparing Bloomberg data to source documentation.
- Provide customer support for users of Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service, News,
- Enterprise Solutions by resolving inquiries in a timely manner.
- Procure content to support best-in-class coverage of the data set.
- Implement business rules for programmatic data validation by codifying market conventions and/or data relationships.
- Contribute to continuous improvement by generating ideas to improve our data products and/or associated processes and building prototypes to validate and illustrate requirements.
- Participate in ad hoc projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of the data set.
- Utilize statistics and data visualization skills to report on the results of on-going operations and projects, as required.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A bachelor's degree, preferably with combined studies in Information Systems and Finance, or a related business and STEM fields.
- Ability to recognize opportunities for process improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic understanding of statistics and data modeling.
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate with others.
- Customer focused mindset.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a frequently changing environment.
- Business fluency in English and Korean.
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service.
- Passion for technology and finance.
- Familiarity with software engineering best practices.
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau or QlikSense.
- Openness to change and willingness to work through challenges.
- A presence in virtual development communities such as GitHub, Stack Overflow and HackerRank.
- Familiarity with statistical and machine learning methods.
- Desire to innovate and lead change.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Information Systems
Seoul (South Korea)
- Closing Date:21st Jun 2019, 6:00 pm